30

We were having dinner tonight with Shawn's family, I was so excited to see them all again.

Also Shawn was leaving tomorrow to go on a two day business trip with Alex. I was so upset he was going to be gone for two days but at least he was going to be back in time for my graduation.

"Are you hungry? Because I'm starving" Shawn says as we stood at the front door.

"You act like I don't feed you" I say and he laughed before the door open revealing Landon.

"Good evening beautiful Athena and my dumbass brother Shawn" Landon says and I giggled as he pulled me in for a hug.

"Alright relax" Shawn says pulling me out of Landon's arms. He then scowled at Landon as we walked into the house.

"Mom we're here!" He announce as we walked into the kitchen where Karen was in her pink floral apron.

"Oh hey" she smiled at the both of us before she hugged us both.

"Do you want any help?" I asked her as I could see she was struggling and Aaliyah looked like she wasn't sure with what she was doing.

"Yes please will you cut up the vegetables, Aaliyah is cutting them too thick" she says and I nodded before I took my jacket off handing it to Shawn.

I rolled my sleeves up and washed my hands before I stood on the other side of the kitchen cutting the vegetables Aaliyah handed me. Karen was catching up with Shawn and he was updating her with work, while I was talking to Aaliyah about her prom that was coming up very soon and she clearly was so excited for.

"I'm thinking to either wear my silver necklace with a diamond or maybe a silver choker" she says.

"Maybe go with the choker if the neckline of your dress is embedded with sequins" I suggested.

"Are you excited?" I asked her and she nodded.

"I can't wait, and I also have a hunch that this boy called Ryan might ask me out" she whispers so Shawn obviously couldn't hear.

"No boys!" I heard Shawn shout and the both of us started laughing as he made his way over to where the both of us were.

"We're not talking about boys" I say as I looked at him and he crossed his arms.

"Really then why did you start whispering" he challenges and I rolled my eyes.

"Just stuff you don't need to know" I say.

"Ah ha then you were talking about boys because you can't tell me" he says.

"Why-"

"Athena is helping me with a women problem, that I'm pretty sure you didn't want to hear from your little sister" Aaliyah said cutting me off as she crossed her arms glaring at Shawn.

"Okay ew- but still there will be no boys" he says and she groaned.

"Will you relax?" She argued.

"Im just saying they can't be trusted, especially at 16 or 18 they are just super hormonal you know" he says and she cringed.

"Okay ew I didn't want to know that" she says and he laughed.

"Shawn will you leave her alone? Stop pestering her, let her enjoy" I say to him and his jaw drops.

"Yeah Shawn listen to your girlfriend" Aaliyah says as she put her arm around me and stuck her tongue out at Shawn.

"Oh I see how it is? Mmmh Athena supporting Aaliyah now are you?" He says and I nodded.