40

S H A W N -

I decided not to go back to Rina and Tony's but instead just go back to my hotel last night. I'm sure Athena needed space and I wanted to give that to her because I don't want her to feel forced by anything.

But I didn't know what to do anymore.

What could I do? She probably hated me, but none hated me than myself.

I was so angry with myself I couldn't believe what I had done. That was the biggest mistake of my life ever and I felt so disgusted with what I had done.

My parents didn't teach me to behave like this? It was so disgusting and low the way I acted and I knew what I did was wrong but I just didn't know how to rectify it.

I was so disappointed in myself, I never saw myself to be one of those types of men. Yet here I was saying all those nasty things to a beautiful girl, that didn't deserve it.

She didn't deserve the horrible life she was given, she should have been born a princess. However in my eyes she was a princess, she had the kindest and most sweetest heart ever.

I was such a fool.

I got out of bed and went to then window of the hotel, I stood looking at the bright view over Chicago. I sighed in frustration with all these crazy thoughts racing in my mind.

But my flight home tonight was at 8pm and now I have to go see Rina and Tony to apologise for not going yesterday after the Christening. I re-packed my carry on with barely anything in there because this was just a quick spontaneous trip.

I showered using the hotel shower and using all of their fancy soaps which reminded me of Athena's shower. She liked having all these products and I remember her always yelling at me for wasting it.

The memory just hit me making me smile but then it was gone.

If I never get Athena back, everything between us will now just be a painful memory to look back on.

But I don't want that. I want to be able to make memories again with her.

I have to get her back.
___

Once I showered and cleaned up and was fully ready, I got a cab to Rina & Tony's house. Once the cab parked outside of their house, I could see balloons attached to the pillars and blue confetti all across the lawn.

Seemed like last night was great.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door, the door slowly opened revealing Rina who looked unimpressed. "Oh it's you" was her remark as she let me in.

"Rina I'm sorry, I really am sorry" I say as I handed her the flowers I brought.

"Keep going" She says.

"I'm uh- sorry that I didn't come after the Christening, you're amazing and your hair looks good?" I say and rolled her eyes.

"I'm forgiving your dumbass only this once" she says and I laughed.

"That's the Rina I've missed for months" I say as I hugged her and she smiled.

"Is she here?" I asked with but hope but at the same time I didn't want to see her. But unfortunately Rina shook her head.

She led me into the kitchen where Tony was drinking coffee and Ted was holding the baby. "Hey guys" I say as I took a seat and they greeted me back.