43

My eyes opened and I yawned loudly before I realised where I was. I was sat in my bed wrapped up by the covers and surrounded by pillows. I rubbed my eyes and I pushed the covers off before getting off the bed and stretching.

I yawned again before opening my bedroom door and walking out. I suddenly froze as I heard the tv on, did I leave it on last night? I was slightly skeptical before I slowly peered my head in through the doorway.

My eyes nearly popped out of my sockets when I saw Shawn just sat on my couch with a mug in his hands drinking something.

Last night wasn't a dream? He was really here and we made up last night. I was feeling very overwhelmed seeing him sat there just watching the tv.

He turned and looked at me before smiling, "Good morning baby, how did you sleep?" He asks softly.

"Uh-good"

"You've been sleeping for almost 17 hours" he says and I glanced at the clock showing it was lunch time.

I felt a lot better then I had in a long time, I had a good night's sleep for the first time in like forever and I do remember falling asleep in Shawn's protective arms.

He stood up putting his cup down and striding over to me before he pulled me straight into his arms. This was was weird because I hadn't been hugged by anyone in such a long time.

I especially missed Shawn's protective warm hugs, I mushed my face into his chest more as I inhaled his masculine yet soft scent. His hand softly stroking up and down my back as he kissed the top of my head.

"I missed you so much, I can't even explain it" He whispered and I closed my eyes just as a smiled crept up on my face.

I didn't say anything for a few minutes before a sob left me. "Oh my God, Athena are you okay?" He asks as he tilts my head up to look at him. His thumb wipes the tears streaming from my eyes.

I was feeling so overwhelmed and all my emotions that had been bottling up for months almost. I had to let it out even though I cried it out yesterday. "I'm sorry I'm just feeling overwhelmed and-"

"Shh it's okay Athena, if crying will make you feel better then just cry. I'm here don't worry" he says shushing me and I took a deep breath.

I took a few deep breaths before wiping my eyes and smiling up at him. "I missed you a lot" I breathed out and he smiled.

"Well I have months of making up to do and the first thing we're going to do is go and get chicken nuggets" he says and I smiled excitedly.

"Then I'm taking you with me to play video games in my new apartment which you can come and see. Sound good?" he asks and I nodded eagerly.

He leaned down just pressing a soft kiss on my forehead. He hadn't tried anything else or out of my comfort as we just were warming up to each other.
Already I was getting used to the warm affection that I missed for a while.

"Go and get ready then we can go" he says and I nodded as I went into my room.

I pulled out my new favourite skirt and some knee-length socks. I tucked my long-sleeved shirt into the skirt before I brushed out my hair. I went to the bathroom washing my face and brushing my teeth been applying some tinted moisturiser. Now I look a bit better then I have in such a long time.

I can do this.

Today will be better and no negative thoughts.

I took a deep breath before walking out of the bathroom and grabbing my phone before I walked into the living room.

Shawn turned his head and for a second I caught his eyes widen as he looked at me. A involuntary blush crept up on my cheeks but I didn't look at him, I just kept my gaze away. He cleared his throat before turning the tv off and grabbing his things which he shoved into his pocket.

He stood up and then we both walked out of the living room. I slipped my feet into some shoes and then opened the door because Shawn was struggling to open it. He slowly took my hand in his and I was hesitant but I let my small my hand let in his large one after such a long time.

We both were sat together on Shawn's new couch in his new apartment. We had a box of chicken nuggets that we were sharing together while Shawn told me about Ethan and the new puppy Shawn has brought him.

"Aaliyah, Landon and Ethan were so happy and excited after meeting Cookie they wanted a puppy so bad. My mom didn't want any pets so when I showed up with a puppy she was not happy" he says and I laughed.

"But if I'm honest she's attached to it the most" he says and I shook my head.

"The people who say they don't want pets are usually the ones getting more attached to it" I say and he nods.

"How's your internship going?" He asks.

"It's good but sometimes it gets boring working for a long time" I say and he smiled.

"Well you're doing a pretty good job I already know it" he says and I smiled.

"Tomorrow we should go to the pumpkin patch because Halloween is coming up soon" I say and Shawn nods.

"We should have a competition" He says and I hummed.

"Maybe but I already know that I'm going to win, because I'm the best at carving" I say as I shoved a chicken nugget in my mouth.

"Really because I don't want to brag but I'm the best at home" he says confidently.

"I thought your last year's pumpkin was just a square" I say and his eyes widen.

"Your mom showed me your great masterpiece" I say and he huffed.

"In my defence I did Ethan's and then ran out of time to do mine" he says.

"Sure"

"No I really did run out of time" he says and I laughed.

"Oh it's on tomorrow let's see who will win" he says and I nodded.

"If I win you have to stay the night with me and if you win we will do whatever you want" he says.

"If I win we have to go to the Halloween carnival" I say and he nodded.

He stuck his hand out and I placed mine in his and then we both said "Deal" at the same time.

"Now lets play some video games!" I cheered as I went to wash my hands in the kitchen while Shawn ate up the game. I came back in the room and Shawn had a small box in his hands.

"This is for you" he says and I eyed the box carefully and he laughed handing it to me. I took the box and opened it to see a white controller with my name engraved into it.

"Since you have a passion for video games I thought maybe you could have your own special controller" he says and my heart melted.

"Oh my God Shawn! I love it" I beamed as I threw my arms around him. He smiled as he hugged me tightly before he let go to set up the game.

And just like that.

We were back to tackling each other to win the game. Me pushing Shawn and blocking the tv to get an advantage to win, then him wrapping his arms around me in a tight hold so I couldn't win. We tickled, tackled and pushed each other over so we could win.

By the end of the first round we were having a laughing fit on the ground and hysterically laughing. I smiled as I watched him sit back up and then re-start the level.

Maybe everything will be just fine...