50

Me: How do you feel about babies?

Shawn: why are you bringing this up again?

Me: because

Shawn: that's not a reason

Me: just tell me!

Shawn: you already know!

Me: tell me again

Me: how do you feel about babies?

Shawn: you already know we spoke about this already.

Shawn: wait

Shawn: Athena you're not pregnant are you?

Shawn: ATHENA!

Shawn: Are you?

Shawn: reply

Shawn: Athena

Shawn: fuck I'm coming home now

Shawn: I'm about to slap your ass if you're not pregnant for making me leave work.

Shawn: Athena just tell me!

I put my phone down before I took a deep breath. I think Shawn might be mad, well I hope not.

I stared at the baby goat in the living room.

Well he did say I could have a goat if we didn't have a real baby. I chuckled at the thought before I went to play with the baby goat prancing around the living room.

"What do you think he's going to say billy?" I ask the goat.

Within minutes there was loud knocks at my front door making me jump.

"Are you pregnant?" He asks straightaway as he kissed my forehead.

"No" I giggled and his eyes widen.

"Athena, I left work for this please tell me what's going on" he groans and I pulled his hand taking him to the living room.

"This is billy" I say as he looked at the baby goat in complete shock.

"Athena what kind of fucking joke is this?" He says in frustration.

"This is not a joke"

"Why did you text me about how I feel on the baby subject?" He asks.

"Because billy is a baby"

"Athena you are not keeping a goat here" he says and I frowned.

"He's cute"

"He's eating half of the couch" Shawn says.

"Where did you get him from?" Shawn asks.

"Arthur my neighbour, he has a whole farm in his apartment and asked if I wanted to have billy" I explain.

"Well you're taking that goat back to him, that thing is not staying here" Shawn says.

"Billy is staying here"

"Athena you are not keeping a goat here, and I'm pretty sure you can't have animals in the building" Shawn says.

"Not unless you have a permit like Arthur does" I say as I crossed my arms.

"Athena the goat has got to go, you're not keeping him here. End of discussion" he says sternly.

"I am keeping him here" I say and Shawn shook his head.

Ten minutes later billy was gone, Shawn went and took the goat back to Arthur and I sat upset in my room. "Babe" Shawn called out as he walked back into my apartment.

"I'm not talking to you!" I yelled and he laughed before walking into my room but I huffed and looked away from him. 

"Oh come here" he says wrapping his arms around me and squishing me as he placed loads of kisses over my face.

"Is this why you made me leave work just to see you brought a goat home?" He says and I shook my head.

"I'll get you another billy the goat" he says and I giggled.

"What if we had billy the baby?" I say and he looked up at me.

"Athena I know you're loving all this baby stuff but I promise in a few years" he says tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear and I sighed.

"You're right I'm being ridiculous" I say and he kisses my cheek as he holds me tightly.

"You're not being ridiculous but we need to think rationally about this. You're still young, you should enjoy your life babe. You will regret not travelling or trying new things because of a baby at a young age" he explains and I nodded.

"But we made a deal in a few years when you're at a good place career wise" he says and I nodded.

"I guess"

"Come on don't beat yourself up about it, I'll be your baby" he says and I giggled as he mushed his nose into my cheek.

"I have no doubt that you won't be a good mother at this age. You will be the best mom ever but I just want you to enjoy your life too" He says.

I was going to be the best mother ever to my future child. Giving them everything I never had as a kid, all the love that they need and attention.

"Now do you want to go out and get milkshakes or watch a movie?" he asks.

"A movie and cuddle" I say and he laughed before he slid out of bed and I lifted my arms up so he could carry me. He lifted me up and I wrapped my arms around him as he took me to the living room.

We got comfortable on the couch and he held me tightly as we played a movie. "Don't you have to go back to work?" I asked him.

"I said it was an emergency" he says as he kissed the top of my head.

I placed my head on his chest as his fingers stroked through my hair. "I love you" I say as I looked up at him with a smile.

"I love you more" he says as he placed his lips on mine. I snuggled into his chest and I knew I wasn't even going to watch the movie because I always fell asleep.

My eyes closed as I listened to the sound of Shawn's heartbeat at a calmed pace. His hands rubbing up and down my back as I relaxed in his arm.

I couldn't be more grateful then I was finding someone like Shawn. He was everything I could have asked for and more.

He took care of me, he made me feel safe, he made me laugh and made me feel loved. We overcame issues in our relationship but that's what made us stronger and bond more closely together.

I prayed everyone out there found someone like Shawn for themselves. Someone to make them feel loved and happy.

I realised after being stuck in a dark whole most of my life, Shawn was the light. He came and took me out of the darkness showing me the world and what life was again.

And mostly importantly he showed me love and happiness.

My life has never needed someone else's breath in order to feel my own lungs, here Shawn is helping me feel human.

It may take a moment for God to give you what you asked for but it's always worth it in the end.

I love Shawn with my whole heart and he made me complete.

"Shawn?" I asked and he hummed in response.

"Will you stay?" I asked him as I looked up at him and he looked down at me.

"I'll stay forever" he says and I smile wholeheartedly.

"Forever is a long time, so make sure it's with someone who makes you laugh" I grinned.

"Well you make me crazy" he says and I laughed before he pressed his lips to mine.

Everything was perfect...

|| T H E    E N D ||