22

"I think I'm going to be sick" I say to Shawn as my palms started to sweat.

"Why it's only dinner and there's nothing to be worried about?" He says patting my cheek and then giving me quick kiss.

"Only dinner? I'm meeting your family Shawn!" I say and he laughed.

"You'll be fine and I know they will love you princess" he says grabbing my hand and helping me out of the car.

Today was Thursday, I had been busy with studying for my finals and I'm going to be busy the next few weeks and Shawn wanted me to meet his family so we had to do it today.

Of course I was extremely nervous, like what do I do? What do I say? Will they like me? What if they hate me? What if they realise I'm not good enough for Shawn? This was making me so anxious.

"Relax" Shawn whispers in my ear as we stood at the door. His hands on my shoulders trying to relax me and I held a tub of cookies I had made.

The brown door swung open and I was greeted by a young girl. Beautiful long brown hair and eyes like Shawn's.

"Aaliyah this is Athena, my girlfriend and Athena this is my sister Aaliyah" Shawn introduces the both of us.

"Hi it's nice to meet you" I say with a smile and she smiles back at me, which gives me a bit of relief.

"Hey, come in Athena" she says as she made way for me to walk in which I did. By the time I turned around she slammed the door shut on Shawn.

"Aaliyah let me in!" I could hear him as he banged on the door.

"I said only Athena can come in, is your name Athena?" She laughs and I could hear him groan in annoyance at his sister's antics.

She rolled her eyes and then opens the door for Shawn, who grabbed her and got her into a headlock. She started yelling and screaming before I heard rapid footsteps.

"Shawn! Let go of her! You both" the woman in front of me yells at Shawn who was made to let go of Aaliyah. She had dark blonde hair and I couldn't see the resemblance Shawn shared with her.

"Mom, this is Athena my girlfriend" Shawn says and she turns around to look at me. She looks at me for a few seconds before offering a kind smile which made me smile.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you Mrs Mendes" I say and she opened her arms before giving me a hug. I couldn't hug her properly because I was holding the box of cookies.

"Welcome Athena, come in darling and call me Karen. Hope these two weren't annoying you" she laughs and I giggled as she led me straight inside to the kitchen.

"Athena made you these cookies" Shawn says as I placed them down on the counter. He placed a kiss on his mother's cheek before coming to stand with me.

"Cookies!" We all turned our heads at the child's voice which echoed through the kitchen. A little boy walking in with straight brown hair like Shawn's exactly.

"Shawn you're-" his sentence immediately stopped when his eyes landed on me. Karen picked Shawn's little brother up and he immediately hid his face away from us, which made everyone chuckle.

"That little guy is Ethan, and he's extremely shy around new people" Shawn says.

"Ethan can you say hi" Karen says to him and he stuck his hand out giving a wave but not making any eye contact with me. He was so adorable and I hope he would warm up to me.

"He's really shy compared to-"

"Landon Mendes is here and ready to make an entrance" a new voice yelled before a younger looking Shawn entered the kitchen. He looked like Shawn but slightly younger and his hair was a bit darker. It also sounded like he had a slight deeper voice then Shawn.