7

"Athena come on" He says and I shook my head.

"No I can't it's too big" I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Just put it in your mouth and swallow, not that hard" he says and I shook my head again.

"I will literally shove it down your throat" he says and I ran away but he chased my around the living room before literally picking me up.

He threw me over his shoulder and carried me to the kitchen and set me down on the counter. "Athena just take it and drink some water with it, you will be fine" he says handing me the small pill.

I groaned taking the pill from his hand and swallowing it with water. I had been complaining of a headache all morning so Shawn was forcing me to take some medicine to subside the pain.

"There you go, that wasn't so hard" He says raising his hand and I high-fived him.

"I hate taking medicine, I feel like the pill will get stuck in my throat even if it's really small" I say and Shawn laughed.

"Well it's over and done with now you can do your homework" he says and I nodded lifting myself off the counter and fixing my dress.

"I have to go because I have work at the garage but do all your work and I'll try to see you if I'm not busy" he says and I nodded.

"Have fun at work while I'm here trying to write a essay on Shakespeare for my English class" I sighed heavily and he laughed.

"You can do it! But I'll see you soon" he says and now we were standing at the front door.

"Bye!" I say as I hugged him and he laughed before squeezing me tightly.

I closed the door once he had left and then pulled out my English work.

Time to break my hand writing a four page essay!
_____

"So tell me?" Rina squeals from the other side of the phone line.

"He's nice"

"And?" She draws out.

"He's so caring and he picks me up from school everyday and takes me to work. He's been doing it for almost over a week and he's just super nice" I say and I could hear her screaming.

"So you like him?"

"I guess"

"No Athena, I mean like like him? Like a crush?" She says and I took a few seconds to think about it.

"I mean yeah maybe because he's got all these great things about him but I don't know he's like six years older then me" I say and she sighs.

"Age is nothing but a number Athena. I can guarantee you that he is a gentlemen and he would treat you better then a guy your age. The guys your age are only looking for lust because they are still developing, but Shawn's already been through that stage" she says

"He's a man not a boy. You're so beautiful who would up the opportunity to be with someone like you Athena. I haven't seen him do anything like this for someone since his last relationship which left him broken" she continues.

"But I think he might like you" she giggles and I could feel myself blushing.

"But why would he? I'm weird and so young, there are more prettier women he could be with" I say with a sigh.

"Why wouldn't he? Your amazing, innocent and so sweet Athena. I think you guys would be cute honestly and he's only a little older then you which doesn't matter because I know he can treat you properly" she says.

"I don't know but forget me. Tell me how you're liking Chicago?" I ask her changing subjects because I wasn't up to talking about my love life right now.

"It's great but I'm a little homesick. I'm adjusting pretty well, Tony and I have just been working on the house and getting it all together" she says.

We continued to talk for a long time because she hung up and I was laying in my bad staring up at the ceiling.

Shawn and I had been together almost everyday because he picks me up from school and takes me to work. Being with him a lot more, let's us both have time to get to know each other.

He's a really great guy, very caring, super hot, funny and he's a real man. He doesn't act like the boys at my school and how careless some of them are with their girlfriends.

Could you say I've developed a slight crush maybe on Shawn?

He's literally the thing I look forward to see everyday and seeing him makes my day way better then it is normally.

Would he actually like someone like me though? There's more women out there his age who are beautiful he could be with. I doubt he would be with an eighteen year-old who barely knows anything.

He's probably nice to me out of pity because I have no one.

But I don't know we will see as time goes on.
____________

S H A W N-

"She's so adorable and really fun to be around. Like whenever I'm with her I just want to keep her in my arms and not let go of her. She's like a little kitten that I don't want to let go of" I say and I heart tiny laugh from the other side on the phone.

"Wow dude, you literally are obsessed but if you really like her then just ask her out" he says

"It's not that easy. I'm worried if I do ask her out and she freaks out and says no then it'll be awkward between us" I say.

"Trust me you're overthinking it, like she does. Match made in heaven" he laughs

"I'm serious Tony!" I exclaimed.

"Honestly you like her and I'm sure she likes you too. Honestly that girl gets attached so quickly to things it makes me laugh" He says.

"I remember we had this fat ginger cat that used to come to the diner at night for milk. She would put a bowl of milk out for it everyday. Then it stopped coming and never came back and she was so upset" he says and I chuckled.

I could imagine her eyes tearing up and her nose going red as she cried for a cat.

I heard some shuffling on Tony's side of the phone before Rina's voice came booming through. "Hey Shawn!"

"Hey Rina" I mumbled.

"All I've got to say is Shawn if you do ask Athena out and she says yes, take care of her. She's so fragile and she's never had love before from anyone and she hides her emotions well but things really affect her. So please be careful with her, she's got the biggest heart but also the softest. So be careful, she's like my little sister and I really care about her" Rina says every word imprinting in me.

"Of course I would take care of her Rina, literally whenever I see her I just become so like protective. I do really like her" I say and she chuckles.

"Well then go and get her!" She screamed that I had to move the phone away from my ear.

I had to somehow think of away to ask her out maybe but I didn't want to creep her out at all.

Soon maybe not yet but I definitely will because she's the only thing I think about almost everyday...