15

"So how's Chicago?" I asked Rina while I was on FaceTime to her.

"It's great! Also I have something to tell you" she says and I looked at her.

"What?"

"I'm pregnant" she says and my jaw dropped.

"You're lying!"

"I'm not! I actually am. Look at the pregnancy test" she says holding up the stick and I squinted my eyes to see it.

"Oh my God!" I screamed and she started screaming as well.

"I'm so happy for you and Tony" I say and she smiles wiping her eyes. I genuinely was happy for her because she and Tony has been trying for a couple of years.

"How far along are you?" I ask.

"Two months" she says and I squealed clapping my hands.

"I definitely have to come to Chicago now" I say and she nods.

"No excuses now, you have to come over" she says and I nodded.

"Tony's been trying to call Shawn today but he hasn't been answering" she says.

"He sick that's why I'm making some soup to take over for him" I say and she awes.

"So you guys been like dating?" She says and I nodded.

"I'm so happy for you Athena, he is a great guy" she says and I agreed.

"He's so nice to me. He takes so much care of me, more then anyone ever has in my life. He's funny too and also really flirty, always complimenting me" I say almost blushing just thinking about him.

"Awe and I see you making soup for him. I swear he better wife you up because ain't no one taking care of him then someone like you" she says and I laughed.

"Relax Rina, you are literally crazy" I say and she laughs.

I spoke to Rina for almost and hour while I was making chicken soup for Shawn.

He was sick and that's why he could come out but I hoped he did feel better. He did a lot of me so I wanted to do something for him to make him feel better and I'm sure he wouldn't be able to eat much, especially because he's sick.

I poured all the soup into a tub and then put into a bag so I could carry it.
____

I got a cab all the way to Shawn's place and then I rang the doorbell. I stood waiting for a few minutes until the door opened.

And it wasn't Shawn.

"Hello there, I'm Matt" the guy winked at me and I raised my eyebrow up at him. Maybe his friends cane over to make him feel better.

"Is Shawn inside? Can I come in?" I asked and he nodded.

"He's in the living room" Matt says and I nodded as I went the living room where there was so much noise coming from.

I walked into the living room where there were a couple of guys. They were playing video games and there were pizza boxes and beers everywhere.

And there was Shawn, who did not look sick at all.

The minute he made eye-contact with me his smile fell off his face.

He stood up and I was so confused.

"Athena" He says as he walked over to me. The guys were looking at me and Shawn took me out of the living room. I could hear them yelling and whistling while Shawn took me into the kitchen, where I placed the soup on the counter.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"I made you some soup because you're sick, well apparently not anymore" I say and he gulped.

"What's going on here Shawn?" I asked and he looked down at the floor.

"I told you I was sick but it's because I was going to hang out with the guys, and I didn't want to hurt you're feelings by thinking I was blowing you off" he say and I scoffed.

"So you thought lying is better then just telling me the truth? I wouldn't be upset if you wanted to hangout with your friends" I say and he sighed.

"I'm sorry" he whispers.

"Well now I feel like I've been a bother to you. Because you could've have just told me" I say.

Did he even like me?

Was I that annoying, that he had to lie to me?

"You're not a bother Athena-"

"Then why couldn't you just tell me the truth instead? There is no reason to lie because I wouldn't have got upset. I'm more upset because you feel the need to lie to me" I say and he sighs.

"I promise you're not a bother Athena, I know I should've told you the truth" he says and I shook my head.

"Well I feel like a bother and I'm not important to you because you didn't tell me the truth" I say and he shook his head.

"But it's fine I don't care anyway" I say with a sigh.

People always lie to me.

"Athena I'm sorry I promise I'll make it up to you-"

"No it's fine you go have your guy time or whatever" I say and he grunts.

"Stop being childish Athena" he says raising his voice at me.

"I'm being childish?" I scoff.

I'll show you childish.

"You know what forget it, Also don't pick me up from school tomorrow either, I'm really upset with you right now" I say and I turned around walking straight out of the kitchen.

"Athena wait-" he called out from behind me but I opened the door and stormed straight out.
____

I made him soup, took it all the way over to him only to found out that he lied. Wasted my time in making soup for him, when I could've finished my chemistry homework.

Which I was doing right now, I was sat in my bed curled up while finishing off my chemistry homework.

I was beyond furious that he lied to me but I didn't care right now. I know I deserved the truth and if he didn't want to tell me that's up to.

I put my chemistry homework aside and just decided to go to sleep instead. But as I curled up and turned the lights of my phone beeped.

Shawn: I'm sorry, I really am. I know you have a right to be angry at me right now, but I feel so awful and I promise I will make it up to you.

Shawn: Goodnight princess <3

I sighed as I read the messages and then put my phone under my pillow.

Maybe if I sleep off my anger, I'll be alright tomorrow...
*
*
*
Q: What's your favourite colour?