5

I was laying on the couch with my hot water bottle on my stomach and I was all swallowed up by my blankets and a million pillows watching my forever favourite film 'Me before You'. It's a beautiful love story showing that their is love out there for everyone, however it is also sad.

But my weekends were like this.

My neighbours next door were a couple who argued almost everyday and I'm surprised they hadn't killed each other yet. But today they were quiet which I was thankful for because I was on my period, and every single noise just annoyed me.

But it was peaceful and quiet.

As if on cue, the doorbell rang making me groan angrily and get off the couch. Whoever it is disturbing me better have a broken leg and needs help.

I pulled myself over to the door opening it with a frown which instantly turned into a smile when I saw who was standing at my door.

Shawn.

Looking as handsome as ever, in a green hoodie and black jeans. Super casual but he looked amazing as always.

"Oh my God" is all I say before I shut the door right in his face.

I was just in my button-up sleep shirt, my hair was a mess, my house was a mess and I probably smelled too. I can't let him see me like this, he's probably going to think I'm the grossest person ever.

"Athena are you alright in there? Was this a bad idea for me to come?" He says leaving a quiet knock on the door.

"No, it's just I look like a mess right now, and I think my legs are hairy. My place is a mess and everything is just everywhere and-"

"I'm not going to judge you Athena, you over think too much just relax" he cuts me off and I took a deep breath before opening the door.

"I'm so sorry but I always feel like I'm going to be judged and I don't know how to explain it. Now this is getting awkward I'm sorry" I sighed and he laughed.

"You are a cute awkward person" he says and I shyly looked down.

"I'm sorry let's do this again, Hi Shawn" I say and he smiles.

"Hi Athena, can I come in?" He asks and I hesitantly nod before letting him in.

"Sorry it's really messy I was having a day in" I say and he turned around to face me.

"You apologise too much, Athena just relax it's not like I'm not going to eat you, not yet. Anyway, so you don't have to be nervous" he says and my eyes widened for a second.

"Not Yet?" I say

"What?" He says

"You said eat me yet"

"No I didn't" he laughs nervously.

"Yes you did I'm sure"

"No I didn't, I think you misheard" he says and I shrugged it off.

"I'm sorry I'm just getting anxious and nervous for no reason, I bet it's creeping you out" I say and he shook his head.

"It's not Athena, but there's nothing to be anxious or nervous about" he says and I nodded.

"Um- anyway what brings you here?" I ask him and he extended a bag towards me that he had brought in.

"What's this?" I ask him and he motions for me to look inside.

I looked and inside were cookies, chocolate, vanilla ice-cream, tissues and a small teddy bear. My heart melted before looking up at him.

"You were having a rough day yesterday and you're on your lady thing. Also you're alone so I thought I could cheer you up" he says and a tear fell from my eyes.