Chapter 17

"You take cover to your left, and I'll take cover to my right!"

*BANG* *BANG*

"Now's my chance to take the shot!", "Watch out!" *BOOM*

Alex woke up, he looked around, seeing Michael on the floor knocked out cold to his left, and his gun to his right. He looked forward and saw smoke and bullets flying.

He tried to reach for his gun when he saw a guard fall to the floor, he heard a voice but he couldn't quite make it out. Suddenly, he saw a guard come out of the smoke, he reached for his pistol and shot at the guard.

He looked around and saw Kate, fighting back with force.

He held his gun in his right hand and aimed at another guard, barely hitting him, "Argh... Come.. on.." he noticed he only had 6 bullets left, he had to make his shots count.

He aimed his gun again and missed, "Tsk." He aimed again, this time hitting a guard in the chest.

"I WILL NOT LET YOU STEAL OUR SUPPLIES! YOU THIEVES!" The officer shouted. "WHAT YOU'RE DOING IS WRONG! FORCING PEOPLE TO STAY IN LABS, RUNNING TESTS SO YOU CAN CREATE A NEW PROJECT..." Kate replied back fiercely, "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND... NEVERMIND, THIS CONVERSATION HAS GONE LONG ENOUGH!" The officer reached for his gun, Kate did the same.

Kate reached for her knife and gun and charged at the officer, stabbing him in the leg and kicking him back, "WAIT! WAIT! It doesn't have to be like this!" The officer said, with extreme worry. Kate held her gun with strength and kept pointing at the officer.

The officer panicked, "It was wrong of me too attack you guys! I should have given up! Please don't kill me.." Kate thought for some time, then lowered her gun, the officer chuckled and disarmed her, smacking her away, Alex quickly got up with his remaining strength and shot the officer.

He helped up Kate, and both shared a hug.

"I shouldn't have let my guard down... Thanks for saving me..", "Don't worry.. at least we're okay."

They got the jeep ready and both carried Michael on, Buduu awoke a couple minutes ago and got onto the jeep.

"Come on... Start you stupid car!"

They drove away before reinforcements came, hoping they wouldn't be seen whilst escaping they drove a different way.

They unloaded the jeep and got out.

"Argh, my head hurts.." Alex said whilst putting the supplies away. "Lay down, I can take it from here." Kate said whilst sorting the supplies, "Thanks.. what was that grenade anyway?" Alex questioned, "Hmm, it looked charged, and when it blew up the explosion attracted back to the grenade and made a bigger explosion.." Kate wondered.

"Hmm, it seemed like officers use it, an exclusive weapon?" Alex answered whilst laying down, "Well, what ever it was it knocked out Michael for quite some time.." Kate replied, finishing up the supplies.

Alex's eyes felt heavy, he didn't fight it, and just fell asleep.