Chapter 24

They started the trek early in the morning, taking Buduu with them as he had healed.

"You guys ready?" Alex asked, "Yeah, we've got 16 spears and a couple of knifes." Jax responded. Buduu looked around, before looking forward again, "I'm surprised Buduu healed this quickly." Kate said, "Well, he is a bear, I wonder what will happen to him though, once we escape." Alex responded.

They approached the lab, Buduu looked around the outside of the lab, and stayed put. Jax and Kate took out the 3 guards around the side of the building and signalled to Alex, they put on guards uniforms and got ready, "There's no going back now." Alex mentioned, "see you guys on the other side." Jax responded, "Okay, let's do this." Said Kate before they went inside the lab.

Michael walked towards the testing room, he looked around to see other people be tested on, he thought to himself, "This isn't good, I can tell the project is nearly done, it's up to Alex and Kate to put a stop to this before it's too late". He lay in the bed before being tested on. Luckily, if Alex and Kate came, he would give them a map to the building, this would help them navigate around quicker.

Meanwhile, Alex checked around, trying to look for cells or testing places, he noticed a couple peculiar rooms like one that had black and grey walls containing just a bed and desk. There were others that had a futuristic design, with one of the walls in the room having an electric type pulse being shown. Kate opened a cell, "Hey guys, it's okay.. I'm here to help you get out." And kept looking for more cells, Jax managed to help 2 people from their cells, he knew if he had a group of people it would look suspicious, so he had to narrow it down to 4 people per group.

Alex looked around before being confronted by another guard, "Hey! Where you going?" Alex stopped and looked at the guard, "Uhm I'm just patrolling around." The guard looked at Alex before saying, "Hmm, what's your name?" Alex quickly replied with, "Uhh, it's Jake." The guard replied with, "Come with me Jake, I just have to check to make sure your supposed to be patrolling...

Then adrenaline rushed through Alex, he quickly kicked the guards knee and hit him in the head with his arm, "Argh!" The guard shouted in pain, he reached for the security button on his vest and felt a leg go against his head that knocked him out. "Damnit! Someone's gonna find the body." Just as he said that someone came around the corner, "Huh?!" Quickly, the guard pushes the security button on his vest that sounded the alarm across the building. Alex knew this wasn't good.

He charged at the guard and hit him across the face, the guard reacted quickly and pushed Alex back, Alex pulled his knife out and aimed at the guard, which managed to slice his leg before landing on the ground. The guard took out his baton and started hitting Alex, Alex dodged a couple hits but was hit across his chest. Good thing he had armour, else it would have hurt more. He grabbed the Guards arm and upper jabbed him. He quickly grabbed his knife and ran the opposite direction.

Kate and Jax heard the alarm and started to get as many prisoners as they could. They went into a testing room and made sure everyone was out of there, dealing with the guards was hard. Kate looked around and said, "Does anyone know who and where Michael is?" To her surprise someone raised their hand and replied, "Yes, he is in the testing room to the left." Kate darted towards the left and took down the guard patrolling the area, She entered the testing area and saw Michael escaping with other testers, "MICHAEL!" Michael stopped and looked around to see Kate in a uniform, "Kate?! Is that you?" Kate ran towards Michael and hugged him, "What did they do?" Kate asked, "Tests, oh yeah here is the map  I made for this building." Responded Michael whilst handing over the map, "Thanks, okay let's go, Alex is waiting for us." Kate said, "Oh yeah, I forgot something, this is Jax, I'll explain later."

They used one of their bombs as a shortcut to the exit of the building.

Okay, everyone! More guards are coming." Said Kate as she took of the security outfit, "Take these spears and knifes and follow us!" Said Alex as he also took of the heavy security outfit, Jax did the same.

"Wait! Do you hear that?" Jax mentioned, suddenly there was a faint sound of helicopter blades, they looked to the sky and realized something...

The military was coming.