Chapter 23

The Lieutenant looked over the history of the mysterious island, this would help get to the Island and make a plan.

"Okay, we'll take a chopper over to the island, take only 4 soldiers and 2 signal corps." The Lieutenant said whilst handing the file back to a soldier, "If something goes wrong, the signal corps will communicate with us, this will be a signal to bring in reinforcements. Any questions?" Announced the Lieutenant.

Alex reinforced the raft with rope before putting out the fire, Jax lay awake thinking about his life back at home.

"Hey Jax." Said Alex.
"Hey." Responded Jax.
"This is a weird question but... How long have you been here?" Asked Alex.
"Hmm, it's hard to keep count of the days here, but I would guess around 3 months." Replied Jax.

Alex said nothing, instead he thought, he thought how life was back at home, what do his parents think about him randomly disappearing? What happened to his girlfriend when those people attacked them in his flashback. Do people know about this island? He had so many questions he wanted to answer, but was limited to what he knew.

Kate came back from an expedition, she tossed her bag over to the camp and opened it, "Look! I found more of these weird black and green crystals."

"Really? Where did you find them?" Asked Jax, "I found them in a cave, hey, last time we found these crystals it was in a cave right Alex?" Kate replied back, "Yeah, I think so, I'm guessing they originate in caves or something."

"Hmm, most likely, well how's Buduu doing?" Answered Kate. "I fed him some food, he's doing okay." Said Alex. Jax got up, "Kate, did you find a place to use the rafts?" Kate sat down, "Yeah, The edge of the island is about an hour and a half away, but there's a lake that leads to the edge about an hour away from camp."

Jax took the information in, "Alright then, let's get ready for this attack."