Chapter 26

*BANG*

Something rushed at James, Some sort of animal..

am I dead? It can't be, unless pain mixed in with nausea was how you felt after death.. But how can I feel if I AM dead? I made out my surroundings, I could feel the rain drop onto my weak, wounded body, and then I came to my senses.

"Urgh.." Alex groaned whilst trying to fight back the pain, he looked around, noticing that James was now on the floor trying to fight back against a bear.

Alex tried to stand up, trying to ignore the steaming pain of the gunshot wound he got from James earlier. He kept trying to stand up, silently shouting in agony everytime he tried to move. Then he had to walk, every step he took he could feel the pain increase throughout his body. He tried to focus on what was happening with Buduu as James fought back, trying to reach for his pepper spray, Alex kept trying to walk, only managing to stumble forward.

Alex realized what James was doing, he could only stumble forward slowly unless he wanted to collapse. Meanwhile James managed to reach for the spray, with the tips of fingers he rolled it towards him and grabbed it, aiming it at Buduu and spraying him. Buduu quickly staggered back, shaking his head whilst James took the chance to crawl over to a tree and rest his head, as Alex approached him, he realised that James was also pretty beaten up. Buduu started to circle around James, not wanting to get closer anymore.

"It's over James.. you can't do anything to stop us." Alex said, panting. "Argh.. everything was going to plan.. until your bear came in." James responded, with slight anger in his voice, "what was your plan.. to kidnap us and keep us here for your tests, what would you do to us when you released the cure to the world?" Alex looked at him, wanting to see his reactions, "Heh.. guess I didn't think about that.." Alex looked frightened, "Look what you've done! You've caused all this Chaos.. all because of a cure.." James looked away, "Do you think I expected a monster to emerge from the sea and.. kill all my guards? But it still ruined your plan.. didn't it?"

Buduu kept circling around, focusing on James as he spoke.

"James.. you ever wondered if your project would fail? Be pushed away from society again?" Alex asked, "Many times.. but then I told myself 'what ever it takes." James responded, taking out a small medical bottle, "Is that the cure?" Alex questioned, "I'm sure you'll find another way." James said, putting it on the ground.

Alex picked it up, looked at James and said one final thing, "is that it?" James looked at the rain pouring down on him and said nothing.

Alex looked at Buduu, "Buduu, you saved me, now let's finish this."

He looked backwards and saw Guards and military fly across the sky, the Beast roared as he kept attacking, Alex kept running, he could hear screams from every direction but knew he couldn't help them even if he tried, so he kept running.

"Alex! Over here." Michael shouted, Alex looked around and saw a helicopter with Michael, Jax and a couple of survivors, he kept walking towards the helicopter, trying to go as fast as he can. He could tell the beast was getting closer, swiping guards like they were nothing, Alex kept trying to get closer, struggling whilst holding back the pain of the wound. Suddenly, Buduu stopped and turned around to face the beast, "What are you doing Buduu?!" Exclaimed Alex, turning around. Buduu growled and steadied himself, 3 other bears came out of the forest, circling the beast and trying to get closer, it looked extraordinary, Alex looked amazed, he took his chance and kept walking towards the Helicopter.

He got closer and closer to the helicopter, trying to push on, "Come on!" Jax shouted, Michael went over to help Alex, walking towards the helicopter, until they got on. Alex layed down, they made it, until.. "Help!" Kate shouted, Alex sat up and realized the beast was starting to come after her, the helicopter started to take off, Alex grabbed Kate as soon As she was close enough and tried to pull her up, the beast roared loud enough to shake the helicopter, "Come on!" Alex shouted as he tried to pull Kate up whilst trying not to fall himself, the pilot tried to control the shaky helicopter, Michael and Jax tried to pull up Kate but just slid to the other side of the helicopter.

And that's when it happened, Kate fell as she lost her grip and plummeted towards the tree's, "NO!" Alex screamed in terror, "KATE!" Michael shouted as he realised what had happened, the pilot managed to finally take control of the helicopter and started to fly away from the island. "NO, WE HAVE TO COME BACK FOR HER! TURN AROUND..." Alex protested, he leaned towards the edge,  Micheal looked at the edge in terror and pulled back Alex. "WE PROMISED NOT TO LEAVE EACHOTHER, GO BACK!" Alex screamed, Michael looked at Alex, "We.. can't.." Alex looked at the Island slowly fade away, "WE HAD A CHANCE.. We had a chance.." Michael sat down, putting his hands on his head and looked at the Island, almost out of view, drift away. Alex slumped down and cried, until everything faded to black.

Alex opened his eyes, looking at the white ceiling, "Where... Am.. I?"

"The cure TF-127 Was still used to cure cancer, using a different and steady approach that would be more beneficial to society."

THE END

I hope everyone enjoyed reading The Wild: Mysterious Island, it means a lot to see that people read this book. I would like to say, thank you to my friends and family for supporting me whilst making The Wild: Mysterious Island, a friend I would like to shout-out would be Extreme_Stories for helping me improve my book.

Thank you all again, goodbye!