Chapter 25

They started running to the rafts, Buduu went along with them, behind them guards started chasing after them and in front of them, the military were getting ready to fight against the guards

They could hear some arguing between the military and the guards, and then BANG.

Alex ducked, suddenly the military started to shoot at the guards and called in reinforcements. "EVERYONE STICK TOGETHER." Alex told the survivors. Michael ran towards Alex to talk, "Michael!" Michael shouted back, "Alex! Let's get out of here, any plans?" Alex looked at the gunfire, "Let's just try not to get ourselves shot, come on!" They ran around hoping to either be rescued or escape on the rafts.

They split into groups, Alex, Jax and Kate. The whole situation felt like a mess, even if the military were here.
Michael disarmed a guard and took his gun, he looked around, protecting the group. Meanwhile Jax avoided the gunfire by sticking close to the trees and staying low. Kate grabbed her spear and jabbed it into a guard, she quickly realized she was caught in the crossfire and led her group away. She had to escape, everyone had to escape.

Alex ran and stopped, looking around before running again until he heard something... He thought to himself, "It definitely doesn't sound like helicopters, No it was something else.." suddenly a tree dropped, followed by more stomps. Alex started running, maybe it was a trap? That still wouldn't explain why he heard stomps. Then the gunfire stopped, what was going on? It didn't matter, he had an opportunity now to run without being shot. And that's when a beast came out of the forest. Alex suddenly stopped and looked at the beast "Holy shit!" the beast roared. And that's when hell broke loose.

Everyone screamed and started shooting at the beast, Alex ran towards Michael and tried to make a new plan, "What the hell is that thing?" Alex said, frightened. "If I'm right, that was the beast we saw from that cage, remember the helicopter we saw a couple weeks ago? The one with a cage dangling under it?" Michael responded, "Yeah, I remember it, but how did it survive?" Alex questioned. "I don't know, but what I do know is that it's hostile. So let's avoid it."

They split up and started running, Alex kept running and running whilst dodging the beast that was attacking everything it saw. Alex turned around and heard something in the bushes. He walked towards the bushes when he was grabbed and thrown. He hit the ground hard and could feel his head starting to hurt, he looked around and that's when he saw James.

"Hi Jake, or should I say Alex?" James said. "James! I was wondering when you would show up." Alex said whilst standing up. "I was waiting for the right moment." James responded, "Let me guess, that dinosaur or beast was your idea?" Alex responded, "No, although I'm glad something came and ruined your plans even more." James said whilst walking around. "You do know I won't let your project be a success right?" Alex said finally, "And that's why I have to make sure it does." James started to speed up, Alex did the same, now they were charging at each other ready to fight.

James quickly dodged to the side and hit Alex in the waist, Alex lost his balance and quickly felt another punch to his head. James backed up and got into a fighting stance, Alex quickly charged at James but went for his knees, he then went for a punch to the face but was stopped by James. James threw Alex back, "Why do you dare about stopping this project? Do you even know what it's about?" James asked Alex, "It's life changing, and I heard its bad." Alex responded back, "But it's not!" James said, it started to rain, "It will change the world for the better! It's a cure... A cure for cancer!"

Alex stopped, his face went serious, "A cure... For cancer?!" James looked at Alex, "I know how it felt like to have cancer! I had it, and then I found out that there were more people with cancer in 2020 then there were in previous years, I couldn't let anyone else suffer like I did. So I started working on the cure.." Alex waited to say something, "A quarter of the world's population try and cure cancer. If you make that cure official. They'll lose their jobs!.. and then that could cause them to be homeless.."

"I know.." responded James, "you tested on Michael with this stuff by force.." James looked at Alex with a serious face, "I'll do whatever it takes to make the cure.." Alex looked away, "Your mad." James responded back, "I knew you wouldn't understand."

Alex started to charge at James, James was quicker and reached for his gun, aimed and shot Alex.

"Aargh!" Alex staggered back, he looked at his waist and saw blood, "I'm sorry it had to come to this Alex, but I knew you would try and stop me... Now there's nobody to come and save you..

Alex felt powerless, he tried screaming, but nothing came out.

"This is the end for you, any last words..?" James aimed at Alex

*BANG*

Alex opened his eyes, was he dead?