five.

JETSON

"How's that paperwork holding up?" Sergeant Randal asked, poking his head into the office for the third time today.

I looked up from the stack in front of me, "It's going great sergeant, just now finishing the incident report."

It had taken me a while, but I was finally done filling out a shoplifting report that my boss had thrown on my desk in the middle of the day. I hated doing paperwork, and would rather spend my time on cases or on a crime scene, my speciality. I was the youngest detective in the district at only 21 years old, but that didn't stop me from being one of the best.

"Alright, finish that up and then take a ride down to Mrs. Jones' home, she's been blowing the whole office up about her husband's missing case"

"Will do sir" I nodded, just before he turned away

. I checked the time that read 2:05pm, and was glad I only had three more hours until my shift was over. As much as I loved my job I was tired from pulling doubles all week, and couldn't wait to rest in my own bed. That was if my fiancé  Natalie would let me, since any time I took from work went right to her. I raised from my desk once I was completely finished the report and grabbed my badge and phone, next gesturing my partner Nunez to come along.

"I'll let you do all the talking this time, that lady definitely has a few screws missing" he said hopping in the passenger seat of the squad car.

"What? Man how would you feel if your wife was missing for a month?" I snickered, starting up the car.

"Are you seriously asking that question right now?" Nunez gave me a look.

I laughed, because he wasn't shit. Nunez was much older than me at 35, and had been on the force for well over ten years. He made marriage sound like prison, however I was ready to lock down the woman who I believed was made for me.

"Yeah, I am" I laughed, "Whats so bad about being married?"

"I ain't gonna fill your head with doubts young buck, you'll figure it out on your own" he winked.

I shook my head, and focused on the short drive to the home of Jackie Jones. A month ago we got a call from a woman that was hysterical due to the fact that her husband hadn't come home in a few days, and after two weeks of searching all we were able to recover was his car. The case was still open - it was no surprise that we didn't collect any leads since people in the hood didn't like to snitch. I pulled up to the brown stone home, double parking the squad car on the right side of the street.

"Mrs. Jones, it's detectives Young and Nunez" I announced our arrival after giving the large door three hard knocks.

It didn't take long before we could hear the shuffling of locks on the other side, next Mrs. Jones revealing herself on the other side. Her presence was strong, her tall figure intimidating even to a man of my 6'4 stature. It was more so the dominance in her stance more than anything, as she glared back and forth between me and Nunez.

"Is the department ready to take my husband's disappearance serious? It has been a month and still nothing" she folded her arms across her large breast, her cleavage begging to be looked at.

"Yes, ma'am we are taking this case very seriously. May we come in, we want to go over a few more details" I said, gesturing into the home.

She gave me a once over, next moving to the side to let me and Nunez into the spacious home. I noted the expensive decor that was decked throughout the place, and knew whoever this Solomon Jones was, he was well off. It looked as if in his living days he took great care of his wife, and her pain must've been immense to have such a lost - the large paintings of her and the Albino man hanging on almost every wall.