twenty eight.

"Until next time, I guess" Jetson said as he pulled up in front of my apartment.

After a date night that didn't go so well, I was actually relieved to finally be returning home. I also had to finally get back to reality, and come to terms with decisions that had yet to be made.

"Yup, until next time" I said awkwardly, brushing my hair over my shoulder.

Just like the entire night a spontaneous wave of silence over took us and while at first Jetson was always the one to break my awkward moments this time he seemed just as spaced out.

"See you later"

In efforts to end the painful silence I reached for the door handle, only to be stopped.

"Wait..." Jet requested, gently grasping my arm.

"Yeah?"

"I really don't want this situation to scare you away, Isis. I can tell that's what you're thinking ~"

"So, you're a mind reader now?" I asked, only slightly scoffing, "Do you get paid extra for that or?"

His expression remained solid, and I guessed that he wasn't in the mood for my sas.

"I'm serious" he gave me a stern look, and for some odd reason it turned me on.

"I am too" I assured him, "Look, there's a lot about me that you don't know and will never know. Let's be honest, you're a blue collar, button down, marriage type of guy. And whatever you're looking for in me, you won't find it"

"How do you know that?" He seemed perplexed, "I'll admit when I found out all of this I was taken back too, but I like our vibe"

"You don't want to ruin your life over a vibe" I laughed at his naivety.

"I don't think I have much to lose" he sat back in his driver's seat, defeated.

"Jet, don't be dramatic" I told him with a playful eye roll, and he jokingly pouted his lip.

"I'm not being dramatic, Isis. You saw a glimpse of what I go through"

"Then you shouldn't have asked to marry her" I shrugged, introducing logic into our convo, "And now, you owe it to her to either end it completely or work it out for the greater good. I mean, I've never been in a relationship but ~"

"Wait" Jet put his hand up with a chuckle, "You've never been in a relationship. What are you pulling my leg or some shit?"

"No, it's the truth" I screwed my mouth up.

He furrowed his brows, and his expression read disbelief.

"Anywayyyy" I continued, "But, I think that's what two people do when they love each other. They give each other a chance to get it right"

"So, you're telling me to go make it right with her. And then what happens to us?"

That was an answer I didn't have, and that drew the quiet back out of me.

"Listen Isis, I understand that we're essentially from two different worlds. I can't even began to fathom the shit that you went through at that house, but I promise you that whatever happened that night I'll protect you"

"But I can't ask you to do that, Jet. You barely know me"

"Yeah but I know how I've felt every time I've been around you. And I can tell that you deserve to be happy" he told me, and instead of keeping his hands to himself he began to wrap them around mines.

"But not at your expense" I replied, my eyes now digging into his, "You, don't deserve that"

"But I deserve you" he said adamantly.