thirty one.

ICY

As the sound of the shower water upstairs emerged, I sat still in the same position on the couch contemplating my next move.

My flask was glued to my hand, or I should probably say my lips as I drunk myself into a daze. I couldn't understand the feelings I was experiencing, and while all this time I thought of the dragon lady as nothing but someone Jet was leaving behind the actual sight of her hurt for his decision made me hurt for her, as well as make me wonder what their love entailed if she could act like that over a man. Something I had never been able to do. Nor did I think I wanted to.
To pour my heart out to him just for him to tell me to clean it up, as if it was only spilled milk and not the declaration of my love. That, must've been gut wrenching. Again, I had no experience of love - well, not romantic love. My only knowledge of it from tv shows and movies I binged within the four walls I mostly occupied when I wasn't working, and what I did know of it was both wonderful and frightening. I began to wonder was I in the beginning stages of it, as this would be part of the movie the broken girl found her prince and everything changed for the better? Would I be so lucky to have that fate?

After drowning my self in thoughts I didn't have the soberness to entertain I arose from the couch. The liquor had definitely set in, and instead of letting it consume me I took control.

The sound of the water filled the hallway, and as I walked through it I began to undress. Entering the bedroom, I smiled at the beautiful set up that jet arranged and I furrowed my brows because I seriously wondered if it was all for me. With my clothes still in my hand I gazed at all of the rose petals that slept on the tiled floor, leading a red sea of flowers to the bed.

"You like it?"

"You like it?"

I jumped at the sound of his voice behind me, and turning around I witnessed him in nothing but the droplets of water from his shower.

"Ye-yeah" I smirked, hugging my arms across my chest.

I oddly still had my clothes in my hands so I decided to place them in the hamper.

"Did you wanna hop in? I could've left the shower running" he asked gesturing back towards the bathroom.

"It's okay, I got it" I nodded.

While the room was beautiful it was definitely awkward, and neither of us knew what to say and while I was used to that I could tell Jet was struggling.

I headed to the shower, both ready to wash off the day and get away from the tension. Unfortunately my peace in the bathroom only lasted a few seconds as I my phone began to ring and I realized it was Salita's newly saved number.

"Hello?" I asked, turning the knobs of the shower and testing the temperature to my liking.

"Okay so two things, no biggy, Nova already broke one of the vases in the living room, and now her and Angel are arguing over the room with the mirror on the ceiling" she said running everything down calmly and I guessed that was her way of hoping I would be too.