10. Silent

Warning for homophobic slur!

When Josh picked Tyler up on Monday, he got into the car without a word. Josh had even arrived at 3:20 since traffic was more of bitch than last week.

"Hi," Josh spoke, trying to start conversation since he hated when it was quiet.

"Hi," Tyler replied back, putting his seatbelt on and staring out the window as Josh pulled away from the pick-up lane.

Tyler obviously wasn't in the mood to talk. That was fine by Josh. Tyler wasn't the one had gotten called a faggot.

He sighed and turned up the music he had going. He was playing the playlist he used when he was with his parents so there was nothing super explicit.

Tyler didn't say anything about that either which concerned Josh. He had only known this kid a week but he knew that even breathing too loud pissed him off. Why was he being so quiet?

The car ride home was uneventful the whole way there. As soon as Josh pulled into the driveway and parked, Tyler silently grabbed his bag and got out.

Josh sighed and grabbed his bag, following Tyler into the house. He decided not to bring any more snacks in just in case Tyler decided to be a brat again.

Josh entered through the front door, shutting and locking it behind him. He threw his bag on the couch before going into the kitchen.

Tyler was already in there, getting a glass of water. He was standing by the fridge but as soon as Josh walked over to the cupboard to look for food, the younger moved away from him.

Josh looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "You good?"

Tyler just turned and and walked up the stairs. Josh scoffed and glanced back in the cupboard. There was literally nothing appetizing in the whole house.

He did some searching and eventually found an apple, deciding to wash and eat that.

Taking a bite out of the fruit, Josh walked into the living room and plopped down on the couch. He let out a sigh. He had homework but he really didn't want to do it.

So he decided he wasn't going to.

He grabbed his phone out and opened his group chat, seeing a good amount of messages.

Dallon
Hayley stop you're not gonna win this

Hayley
That's not fair you're just backing Brendon up because you guys fuck

Brendon
Okay... and?

Hayley
I hate you both

Josh
Are u guys seriously arguing over which way u slide the toilet paper on?

Hayley
Joshie!

Hayley
Hi I missed you you're the loml baby

Josh
🤢

Josh
Do y'all hear sumn?

Dallon
PFT

Brendon
Omg

Hayley
Love being cyber bullied

Hayley
I just want to have Josh's babies damn

Josh
Take a number honey pretty sure all of Jordan's friends that are girls have a crush on me

Dallon
Not to suck your own dick or anything