36. Prince

Tyler was in the middle of a deep sleep when he felt something shake him.

"Ty, baby," a gentle voice said. "You gotta get up I don't want your mom to beat my ass."

"'M sleepin'," he mumbled into the pillow. He took a small breath and remembered he was in Joshua's bed, catching the scent of his cologne and smiling slightly.

"I made you breakfast, honey," Joshua spoke softly. "Okay, I didn't but my mom did. I just got the orange juice out."

"I'm tired..." he whined out.

"As much as I wanna crawl into bed and cuddle you because you're being so fucking adorable right now, you gotta get up. You need to be ready and the church is twenty minutes away from here."

"Joshua..." he grumbled.

"Do you want me to call Jim in here to wake you up? He'll lick your face a bunch."

Tyler sat up with a sigh and wiped his eyes. "That's mean."

"The tables have turned, haven't they?" Joshua laughed out. "What all do you have to do to get ready? Do you wanna shower?"

"Isn't that weird?" Tyler asked, slipping his glasses on.

"I don't think so. If you wanna shower you can. Jordan and I share a bathroom but he's gross so if you wanna use the guest bathroom that's okay."

Tyler nodded. "Alright. What time is it?" He yawned out.

"Almost 6:30. I figured you wouldn't wanna be rushed. We're leaving in a like an hour."

Tyler let out a sigh. "I love church and all but I don't understand why my mom requires us to be there an hour before it starts."

"I don't either. Then again your mom is crazy," Joshua laughed making Tyler crack a smile.

"I don't want to go home," Tyler admitted. "I'm going to miss you."

"I'll miss you too, beautiful, but I don't think I'm busy this Thursday maybe we can hang out."

Tyler nodded. "Okay."

Joshua pressed a kiss to his forehead and stood up, holding his hand out. "C'mon my prince, lets go eat."

"Your prince?" Tyler giggled as he got up and took Joshua's hand. "That was lame."

"Yeah, a little bit," Joshua laughed. "It was kinda gross too. I won't say it every again. I'm sorry for my behavior."

Tyler laughed again, his mouth resting into an easy smile. It was always easy for him to smile around Joshua.

They entered the kitchen and Tyler noticed a plethora of different plates on the table.

"We have bacon, scrambled eggs, toast with like three different types of jelly, pancakes, fresh fruit, hash browns, and and orange juice. You obviously don't have to eat all of it but my mom made a lot so you could try what you haven't and in case you didn't like some of it. If your mom asks you had fruit salad for breakfast and vegan and gluten free pasta for dinner last night," Joshua explained. "My mom ripped a recipe off the internet in case she asks."

"Where is your mother?" Tyler asked, hesitantly sitting down as Joshua did.

"At work. My dad's at work too. Abbie won't be back until later and Ashley and Jordan are sleeping. I'm supposed to put this away for them while you're getting ready."

"Oh," Tyler nodded. "Well tell her I said thank you. I highly appreciate everything she's done for me."

"I'll tell her," Joshua assured. "Eat up, beautiful."

---

"Come with me."

"What?"

Tyler glanced at Joshua through the mirror as he was tying his red tie. "Come to church with me."

Joshua grimaced. "As much as I adore and support you, religion isn't my thing."

"Please?" Tyler stuck his bottom lip out in a pout.

"Not the puppy dog face!" Joshua covered his eyes.

"Please...?" Tyler whined out.

"Fine!" Joshua pulled his hands away and sent Tyler a playful glare. "Is your mom even okay with it?"

"I can ask," Tyler shrugged, unlocking his phone and going to his mom's contact. He pressed the button and put it on speaker. It rang once before she picked up.

"Is everything okay?" She instantly asked.

"Yes, Mother," Tyler assured. "I was calling to ask if Joshua could accompany us to church. He doesn't normally go but I think it would be nice for him to have God in his life," he lied, just to push the point a little more.

Joshua rolled his eyes upon hearing that but smiled.

"If it's okay with his parents it's okay with me. Hurry up, it's almost 7:30 and I know he lives aways from the church. Don't be late," she snapped.

"We won't. Bye, Mother."

"See you at eight."

And then she hung up.

Joshua looked at him with wide eyes behind his glasses. "Does she always talk to you like that?"

"When people aren't around," he nodded. "I assume she didn't know the call was on speaker."

Joshua looked sad. "You have to deal with that when other people aren't around?"

Tyler let out a dry humorless laugh. "I've dealt with it for 16 years. I'll be fine," he gave his boyfriend a tight smile. "You need to get ready. You'll have to change."

"Do I have to dress fancy?" Joshua groaned.

"Yes, but you'll look cute."

Joshua got up with an over dramatic sigh. "Alright baby, pick me out something to wear. You know better than I do what's appropriate and what's not."

The two spent the next few minutes deciding on what Josh should wear. They settled on black slacks and a blue polo shirt. Joshua didn't have any dress shoes that fit him so he had to wear his Vans.

"You look very handsome," Tyler grinned as he inspected his boyfriend. He really did. His shirt fit just right so his muscles were a little more prominent and the addition of his glasses and curly hair made it better.

"Takes someone handsome to know someone handsome," Joshua smiled and pecked his lips. "You're lucky I like spending time with you because I do not like spending time with God."

Tyler thought over what Joshua said. "You're right. I am lucky."