12. Wendy's

Josh and Tyler walked into the latter's house. It was the day after and Josh had something up his sleeve— or more so something in his bag. He was very excited about it.

"I have a surprise!" Josh introduced happily, setting his bag on the kitchen table.

Tyler raised an eyebrow. "For me?" He asked, a small smile on his face.

"Yeah! Well, for both of us," he continued, unzipping his bag. "I skipped the last ten minutes of class to get this so I wasn't late to come get you."

Josh pulled out a paper bag, setting it on the table with a grin.

Tyler scrunched his little nose up in confusion as he read the bag. "Wendy's?"

"Yeah!" Josh replied proudly. "It's a fast food place. I think they have better chicken nuggets than McDonald's so I brought some stuff for you to try."

"I cannot eat any of this..." Tyler shook his head.

"Yes you can," Josh opened the bag and began getting the food out. "You told me last night you've never had the opportunity to try good food so I brought the opportunity to you."

"My mother—"

"Your mom's not gonna find out," Josh assured. "I mean I'm not gonna tell her. Are you?" He looked at Tyler

"No..."

"Then try it!" Josh pushed, grabbing a chicken nugget and popping it into his mouth. He let out a slight moan. "Fuck that was a grade A foodgasm."

"Language," Tyler reminded, eyeing the food in a disgusting manner. "What in the world is a foodgasm?"

"Like an orgasm but in your mouth with food," he replied with his mouth full.

"Orgasm...?"

Josh looked up and saw that Tyler looked genuinely confused. "You know when you..." Josh swallowed his food, trying to form a sentence. "Like when you come?"

"Come what?"

Josh blinked. This kid was so lost. Maybe that's why he's so uptight. He's probably never jerked off before. "Never mind," he shook his head.

"Okay," Tyler let the subject go.

"Here," Josh held out a container of fries. "Try one."

"I don't know..." Tyler trailed off, wringing his hands anxiously.

"C'mon, Tyler," Josh shook the container a little for emphasis. "Try one. Normal people eat fast food all the time."

"I'm not normal, Joshua!" He snapped. "I don't date and I don't hang out with friends and I eat disgusting food and I have an overbearing mother. Okay?"

Josh pursed his lips. "Normal wasn't the right word to use. I'm sorry. You want to get out of your comfort zone, yes?" Tyler timidly nodded. "Try one. It's the closest thing to being vegan friendly that I have here. They fry it with their meat so it's not technically vegan but it's not meat."

Tyler hesitantly grabbed a fry out and inspected it. "This is covered in grease, Joshua," he pointed out.

"Mhm. They're so good," Josh grabbed a few and shoved them all into his mouth at once.

He watched Tyler set the fry in his mouth and chew it. The older waited in anticipation for Tyler's response. He swallowed and looked at Josh. "It's appetizing."

"See!" Josh unwrapped a cheese burger and set it in front of Tyler before setting a container of chicken nuggets on it. "Sit down. Try it all."

Tyler sat down and Josh did as well, grabbing a cheese burger for himself along with another thing of chicken nuggets. He may have went overboard at Wendy's. It didn't matter though. He was a big guy and he actually had money to spend now. Plus he hasn't had anything actually good to eat in two weeks.

Tyler watched his food as if something was going to happen. "Watch," Josh picked up his own and took a bite.

The younger rolled his eyes. "I know how to hold a burger, Joshua."

He picked it up and took a bite, chewing it slowly just like he did before. However, when he swallowed it he grimaced. "I do not favor that."

"What?" Josh gasped. "It's so good, dude. Do you not want it?"

Tyler shook his head and watched in disgust as Josh picked it up and put it on his own wrapper. "Are you going to...?"

"Eat it? Yeah," Josh shrugged.

Tyler eye's widened behind his glasses. "You eat after other people?"

"Sometimes."

"That is repulsive. You don't know what you could get from another person."

"Are you sick?" Josh asked.

"No..."

"Then I'm fine," Josh took another bite of his own. "Try the chicken nugget."

Tyler took a bite of the smaller object. Josh watched. Josh hoped he liked it. The kid deserved to like more than just fries. He swallowed. "No," he shook his head. "It tastes better than the burger but not my favorite."

"Here," Josh grabbed his nuggets and handed him his own fries. "Eat those. You deserve to have something you actually enjoy."

Tyler took them and began munching on them silently. Josh watched as he ate them in small bites, chewing and then waiting before he took another bite as he stared off into the distance. The older realized he was eating like a pig and felt sort of self conscious as he slowed down.

"Thank you," Tyler piped up, looking at Josh. "No one has ever wanted to do something kind for me such as this before. I haven't ever really had anyone in my life who would be willing to do so."

"Of course, man," Josh smiled. "I'll buy you fries every day if that keeps you from acting snobby."

Tyler gave him a weak smile before looking at the ground. Josh felt bad for what he said but he remembered what Tyler called him and the guilt disappeared. He didn't know why it bothered him so much, but he didn't like Tyler of all people using those words against him.

The two continued to eat their food in silence and Tyler declared he was going to go do his homework while Josh cleaned up. Once the older was finished, he went into the living room and joined Tyler on the couch.

"Joshua?" Tyler asked softly as they were twenty minutes into doing work.

Josh ignored the way he felt at the tone of voice. "Yeah?"

"My stomach hurts," Tyler replied, looking at Josh with a sheepish smile. His cheeks were rosy.

"Did you eat too much?"

"I don't think so," he shook his head. "It could be due to indulging in greasy food, though."

"Oh," Josh frowned. "I'm sorry."

Tyler smiled. "Don't be. I got to experience something new."

Josh couldn't help but smile back.

Maybe things were going to be good between them.