16. Snapchat

It was Friday when Josh and Tyler were sitting on the couch, Tyler attempting to help Josh with more math.

"I don't get this!" Josh sighed frustratedly, putting his head in his hands.

"Joshua..." Tyler said softly, taking his hands off his face. "Hey, it's alright. Just attempt it again. I'll be patient."

Josh smiled, pressing a kiss to his lips. "Thank you."

Tyler blushed and his cute ass rosy cheeks became even rosier. Josh couldn't help how his heart fluttered at the sight. "Thank you," he replied quietly, a small smile of his own forming on his face.

Josh laughed. "Stop thanking me for showing you love."

Tyler rolled his eyes. "I just feel obligated to because you're willingly doing so."

"Because I want to, silly."

"Silly? Did you just call me silly?"

Josh let out a snort, causing him to bust out laughing. Tyler joined and the two laughed until the front door opened.

They looked over and saw Kelly walking in, a smile on her face but also a confused look. "Hey, guys," she greeted.

"Hi, Mother."

"Hey, Mrs. Joseph!"

"What's got you two so giggly?"

The boys looked at each other and snickered again before Josh shook his head. "Nothing," he beamed. "You're home early. It's not eight thirty and I'm just bad at reading time, right?"

Kelly laughed. "No, I got off early. It's only six. Besides, Tyler would be up past his bedtime. You're free to go Josh, but before you do can I talk to you really quick?"

Josh glanced over and saw a nervous look on Tyler's face. Tyler was panicking and Josh could see it. He wanted to give his hand a reassuring squeeze but that would give him a reason to actually panic. Kelly couldn't know. If she did then she wouldn't be being so nice to him right then.

"Yeah, sure," Josh nodded.

"Tyler, honey, go up to your room," Kelly told him. "Take your homework."

Tyler nodded and looked down, quickly grabbing his things. It hurt Josh now much he resembled a kicked puppy when his mom was around. "Bye, Ty," he said as the younger walked up the stairs.

"It's Tyler," he reminded but Josh could hear the smile in his voice.

"Bye, Tyler," he corrected, a smile on his own face.

Once the mentioned was up the stairs, Kelly turned to him. "Do you have plans tomorrow night?"

"Uh..." Josh thought for a moment. "No I don't think so. Why?"

Kelly's face turned a soft shade of pink. "I was asked out on a date and I was wondering if you'd watch Tyler tomorrow. I asked your mother at work today and she said she wouldn't mind you staying late. I wouldn't be home until way later than 8:30 though and you'd have to come over at 5:30 though..."

A whole night with Tyler? A week ago Josh would've dreaded the thought but now it excited him. "Yeah, I'm alright with that."

"I can pay you extra too," Kelly assured.

"Mrs. Joseph you pay me $100 a week I think I'll be fine," Josh laughed. "Thank you though."

"Of course. You can leave now. I won't hold you hostage anymore. Have a nice night, Josh."

"You too."

---

"Joshua I swear!"

"To what? God?"

"Josh—" Tyler was cut off by a loud giggle.

"I thought it was Joshua?"

"Stop!" Tyler cackled. "I'm begging!"

Josh ripped his hands away from Tyler's sides and grinned, leaning down and kissing him softly. Their glasses clanked together and Josh didn't want to admit how much he loved that. "Don't start call me a dumbass and I won't have to tickle you."

Tyler had a wide smile on his face and his cheeks were pink as usual. "I called you an imbecile, that's different," he giggled.

"You can't say I'm wrong. Dolphins are just gay whales. They're like the twinks of the sea world."

"What's a twink?" Tyler asked seriously.

Josh couldn't bring himself to confess that Tyler was one so he just shook his head with a smile. "Never mind. Hey," he began, thinking of something out of nowhere. "What's your number? If I'm teaching you how to be gay having a way to text you might help."

"My mother reads my texts. She has access to every Apple application on my phone."

"Oh," Josh replied. "Why? No offense but you don't do anything that would warrant that."

"I have no idea," Tyler shrugged.

Josh pondered for a moment. "What about Snapchat?"

"Snapchat?"

"Oh my Go— goodness," he corrected when Tyler shot him a look. "You're so clueless."

Tyler snorted. "I have an IQ of 135 I'm far from clueless, Joshua."

"You're clueless when it comes to being a teenager," Josh gave him a pointed look. A sheepish smile overcame the younger's face. "It's a social media app where you can send pictures and text."

Tyler's eyes widened. "My mother doesn't like social media."

"Does she check to see what apps you download?"

"Yeah."

Josh shrugged. "Guess we're downloading it illegally then."

"I-illegally?" Tyler's face paled.

Josh laughed and kissed his cheek. "It's gonna be okay, I promise. Can I see your phone?"

Tyler sat there, giving Josh a hesitant look.

"Do you trust me?"

The brunette sighed and handed Josh his phone.

Josh pressed the button and opened it since there wasn't a passcode. He felt Tyler scoot over and rest his head on Josh's shoulder as he watched the older get the app. Josh had to get on cellular, open an incognito tab, and download it from an online jailbreak website but eventually he got it on Tyler's phone.

"Okay I put it on the second page of your home screen in the folder titled utilities. It's on the second page of that," he explained, giving Tyler his phone back. "Go ahead and open it and I'll help you figure out how to use it. That way if there's ever anything you need or want to talk to me about you can without getting in trouble."

"Okay," Tyler nodded.

"Like literally anything. Please don't hesitate."

"I won't," Tyler smiled. "Thank you. Again."

Josh smiled back, his heart fluttering. "Of course."