50. Parker

I have a new story up called control. It would mean a lot to me if you checked it out! :)

Josh stared at the wall in his and Dallon's hotel room, blinking every few minutes. He had just gotten out of the shower and Dallon was currently in there as he sat there.

They were in Akron, a little under two hours from Columbus, for their baseball game against a high school there. It was also the first day since Josh had been dumped.

He wasn't taking it too well.

He had cried all night the night before and had been in an empty mood all day. They had even lost the game they just played. Josh hadn't deliberately fucked it up but he hadn't tried to win either.

Josh heard the shower turn off and a few moments later Dallon stepped out with a towel around his waist. "I forgot my clothe— dude," he sighed. "You've been sitting in the same spot since I got out."

"I know," Josh croaked out.

Dallon sighed again but this time it was sadder. "I'm gonna go get dressed and then we're going to Lance's room. He wants some of the guys over to hang out."

Josh didn't reply. He heard Dallon open his suitcase and grab his clothes out before disappearing back into the bathroom.

A few minutes later he re-entered the main area and went over to Josh, drying his curls with a dry towel. "You're dripping on the bed and all over your clothes," he spoke as he did so.

Normally, Josh would either appreciate the gesture or make a joke and push him away but this time he just let Dallon do it without a word because he didn't have the energy to do it himself.

Dallon hung the towel up and tugged his shoes on, gesturing to Josh's. "C'mon, his room is just two down."

Josh let out an annoyed sigh and got up, slipping his shoes on. Dallon grabbed the room keys and put it in his pocket and handed one to Josh before opening the door for Josh. Dallon shut it behind them before the two walked a little ways down the hallway, stoping at room 245.

Dallon knocked and a second later the door opened. Josh could hear faint music and laughing from inside. Lance stood at the door with a smile on his face. "Hey guys."

"Hey," Dallon smiled as Lance moved out of the way to let them in. Josh didn't say anything.

He saw Reid, Maddox, Jude, and Beckett in there as well. They were all sitting on either the bed or the furniture and there was a case of beer and a bottle of vodka with the hotel plastic cups on the table by the couch.

Maybe Josh was just genuinely heartbroken or maybe he was tired of worrying about his sobriety because of someone else or maybe he was angry and this was getting back at Tyler. Who knows? All Josh knows is that he walked in, grabbed a beer, opened it, and sat down next to Reid with Dallon following— without anything of his own.

"Lance brought the alcohol to celebrate since he assumed we were winning but we lost so now we're just sad drinking," Jude explained.

"Count me in on that," Josh laughed humorlessly before taking a drink from the bottle.

"Won't Tyler be worried about you?" Reid asked curiously.

From the corner of his eye, Josh saw Dallon shake his head with wide eyes.

Josh let out another dry laugh, no happiness in the noise. "He dumped my ass."

Everyone in the room shared a look of worry with one another before looking at Josh with some form of either sadness or sympathy on their face. "I'm so sorry, dude," Beckett told him.