51. Uncomfortable

Do you guys want an epilogue after chapter 60? Or do you just want me to blissfully end it on a good note?

Also slight mention of vomit

Josh's eyes squinted open against the sun and he rolled over into his pillow, letting out a groan.

"Here."

He managed to pop one eye open to look at the person speaking to him. Dallon held out an ibuprofen lid with three of the pills in it and a plastic cup of water. "Thanks," Josh gratefully swallowed the medicine, gulping down the water.

"I walked up to the convenience store down the street this morning since I knew you wouldn't feel good."

"I appreciate that," Josh sat up feeling around on the bedside table for his glasses. He found them and slipped them on. "Why the hell does my head hurt so bad?"

Dallon sat down on his own bed, facing Josh. "You drank last night. A lot."

"I only remember two beers."

"Yeah it went pretty downhill from there."

Josh's face paled. "What did I do?"

Dallon gave him a disappointed look. "For one, you tried to knock up our team manager."

"What?"

"You brought Parker back here when you were both shitfaced and I came to check on you. I sent Parker back to her room and you kept saying you didn't care if you didn't have a condom you liked her so much that you would take on any responsibility life gave you."

Josh felt terrible. "Oh my fucking God."

"Yeah you're an stupid asshole when you're drunk."

"That's why I don't get drunk," he put his head in hands. "But all we did was kiss?"

"Yeah I think so."

Josh let out a sigh of relief. "What else did I do?"

Dallon looked at him sadly. "You might wanna check your Snapchat story for that one, bud."

Josh looked around him for his phone but Dallon was getting up and getting it off the charger for him. He thanked his friend and unlocked his phone, going to the respective social media and opening it.

He clicked on his story and his eyes widened as he realize he easily had 15 things on there. Opening the story, he braced himself.

The first one was a very blurry picture he assumed he attempted to take but didn't keep the phone still. It was of Lance and Maddox's room but he could only make out three of the people in it. Everyone else was too blurry.

The second one was a video he took of Dallon staring into the camera with a bored look on his face.

The third was another video but of him and Lance taking shots.

He kept tapping and found a mixture of pictures and videos— each more embarrassing than the last.

Towards the end, there was a picture of him and Parker using one of the filters, a video of them hysterically laughing, and the last one was a somewhat blurry picture of Parker putting her hair up with the caption "maybe I can actually get fucked for the first time in months tonight."

His heart dropped and he swiped up to see who all had viewed it. His eyes caught Tyler's name and tears formed in his eyes. "No no no no," he swiped over to his friends list and he felt even worse when he saw the filled in delivered arrow was now gray. "Fuck!" He threw the phone on the bed.

The sad look on Dallon's face only got worse. "Yeah," he replied quietly, looking at the ground.

If Josh were someone else he would beat the shit out of himself. He was horrible.

Dallon just threw Josh's sweatshirt at him. "C'mon. They're still serving breakfast downstairs. I waited to eat so you didn't have to sit alone."

Josh stood up and pain shot through his head. His stomach lurched and he ran to the bathroom, emptying his stomach into the toilet.

He felt Dallon rub his back as he threw up. When he was done, he weakly brushed his teeth and slipped some socks and shoes on before heading out of the room.

It wasn't until he was in the elevator that he realized he was wearing athletic shorts instead of his jeans. "How did I—"

"I helped you change. Made you leave your boxers on. I wasn't gonna deal with that," Dallon explained.

Josh gave him a sad smile. "Thank you."

Dallon smiled back. "What are best friends for?"

The elevator opened and Dallon led him through the lobby into the room they were serving breakfast. Although he had just thrown up, his mouth almost watered at all the free, cheap food they were serving.

He glanced around the room, his eyes stopping when he saw Parker sitting with Ellie and Jude. She had her head leaning in her hand and a glass of orange juice on the table in front of her. She looked miserable.

She must've caught Josh staring because she looked up and they met each other's eyes. 'Can I talk to you?' Josh mouthed.

She nodded and said something to Jude and Ellie before getting up and making her way towards him. Josh turned to Dallon. "Hey go eat. I'll be back in a few minutes."

Dallon nodded and walked off. Josh waited for Parker to reach him. "Hey," she greeted awkwardly.

"Hi," Josh replied, just as awkward. "Can we talk? In the lobby?"

Parker nodded and the two took the short walk to the mentioned area and sat on two chairs in the corner of the room.

"So..." Parker began.

"I'm sorry," Josh spoke instantly. "I was hella drunk last night and I don't think correctly when I'm drunk so I'm sorry for trying to sleep with you. And I'm sorry for what I posted on my story about you. I'm gonna delete everything when we're done talking."

Parker gave him a small smile. "Hey, it's not your fault. I was drunk too. I never once tried to stop you. I would appreciate it if you did delete it though."

"Of course," Josh nodded.

"What happened? Aren't you in a relationship? I saw you kissing a guy at a few games and at the bonfire."

"Uh, no," Josh swallowed when he felt a lump in his throat. "His name's Tyler. He dumped me on Thursday. I guess I was going to use you as a rebound and I'm sorry for that too. That's not okay."

Parker's face fell. "Oh."

Guilt surged through Josh. "I really am sorry. Sober me would have never had many any advances on you or anyone else until I was ready. Me getting drunk isn't an excuse though and I'm sorry if I ever made you feel disrespected or uncomfortable."

The small smile returned on Parker's face. "It's okay, Josh. Stop beating yourself up over it. People make mistakes. You're a good guy. Drunk Josh never made me feel uncomfortable either."

"Perfect. Are we on good terms? Just as friends?"

Parker nodded. "Yeah. I think we're okay."

"Thank God."

Parker stood up and grabbed his hand. "Wanna go eat?"

Josh smiled and grabbed it. "Sure."