Chapter 3: Meeting The Bat (EDITED)

Dick's P.O.V

4 years.

I hit the punching bag as hard as I could.

4 years since that day.

I kicked it and it broke open.

Shit.

I sighed as I turned and left the training room. There was no point in carrying on.

As I walked out I scratched the back of my head and scowled. 'It's a bad day but this is personal. I can't do personal right now. I have to calm down.'

I walked to the common room to briskly pass my team. The only person I turned to face was Wally, sharing the same glances. Out of the whole team, we were the only ones that had known her and it was one of the worst days of the year.

Fae Hills. From 1999-2011 (I don't know on which year Dick is born so I'm winging it) was declared dead when an explosion was set off downtown and a female matching her description was found in the wreckage.

Back then... I was a wreck. Break downs and denial and all that fun stuff. I... Well let's just say I didn't take it too well.

At least now I'm a slightly more contained wreck. Yay.

But every year, on this day... containing my emotions to a professional level was more difficult than others. I kept having memories, kept thinking back to that dumbass of a blonde girl that got lost in the circus.

Fae had a tendency to do anything she wanted to, whether it was normal or not. She would always tackle everyone she knew well in a large bear hug.

I chuckled darkly at the memory.

She was one of the people that supported me, but  of course with my record with people I held close, I should have known she would end up just like the rest.

She was emotional, cried over a lot of small things one minute and lashed out in mockery the next, but, by everything, she was just so... Alive. She wasn't part of this hero crap I had gotten into, she was just part of my world that was simple and wholey good.

Wally had a similar hit to me... But we're doing better, never great or good but better than before. I don't think anything will ever be anything greater than a half-hearted 'fine'.

I was the one who actually introduced the two once I had met the the little ginger gremlin. But of course, after he met her, he soon got to love her as a sister. She would always see him as a brother too and they were close.

M'gann and Conner looked at us confused. Of course they had never heard of any of this, not that it was any of their business to know. I'd like to keep my personal life private, something it seems Wally shares.

Soon feeling adventurous, the young martain hesitany crept towards Wally and cleared her throat.

"Um... Wally, I don't mean to pry but what is going with you and Robin. You seem so out of it." she said quietly.

"Leave it be...it's not something you have to know." he said coldly. She seemed surprised at his tone and stepped back before leaving quickly. Conner just looked pissed at Wally before he walked to M'gann.

Looking around I figured that Wally told his new bow-wielding, bickering friend to stay away today cause I didn't see Artemis anywhere. Smart decision.

Seeing the time I got up and walked over to the entrance and zeta'd to Gotham city. When I got there the cool night air chilled my skin. The sunglasses that were on my face became a hazard in the dark so I took them off.