Chapter 6: Elsa Needs Friends (EDITED)

Fae’s P.O.V

When I tell you my soul jumped out of my body when I saw Robin sleeping soundly next to me, I would have to be put in jail because that understatement could be taken as a crime. Tell me kids, what does one do when there's a stranger in your bed? Slap, scream and run? My my your parents have taught you so well!

Unfortunately I did not slap him, and neither did I scream or run.

I opened up.

For once his face was relaxed, resting with even features and an untensed jaw. It was probably a mistake, no doubt he hadn't even meant to fall asleep (I know I didn't) but he was just so...close. The feeling of deep breaths slowly tickling my cheek made an involuntary shiver run down my neck. The smell of gunpowder and worn kevlar filled my nose as I breathed in deeply to steady my movements before slowly extracting myself from him. I felt hot white embarrassment fly to my cheeks at the intimacy of it all.

That my friends is when I started scolding and lecturing myself. How in the world did I think that could be okay!? I barely knew him, and yet here he sat with one of the biggest revelations to my past that I had ever shared.

Then again maybe that's exactly why.

The rational part of my brain knew amongst all the self-berating that this would have happened eventually. I had gone through a traumatic experience and I couldn't hide it forever, not from myself at the very least. Robin knew next to nothing about me and vic versa, he was simply one face of many in the team who didn't have a clue who I was. He was simply at the right place and time for me to talk with lowered inhibitions. I wasn't foolish enough to think I could keep holding on to solidarity forever, but a nagging part at the back of my mind screamed that I had revealed too much, that my safety was compromised.

Then again, Robin is surprising upfront from what I've learnt despite his mischievous nature. He isn't someone who would lie out of spite...at least I hope not.

I'm not stupid enough to say it's trust, I had my fair share of paranoia in the last 5 minutes to dissuade that. But maybe in time...He could be someone I trust.

Silvalia I haven't had that in a long time.

I don't know what he thinks of me now. Looking over his sleeping form the creeping fear of being nothing but another broken piece in his book of damaged acquaintances is daunting, but dismissed. Being in the line of work we were in meant that almost everyone on this team, no matter how young, probably had a story like mine. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger is a bit of a cliché but when it comes to superheroes, those broken the most tend to be the most horrifying.

The nightmare I had was a regular, known by the brain café that makes them to the point that they could probably spell my name right. The usual of Dr. Deen dragging me back to project Flux. Que the predictable and yet never helpful kicking and screaming. Though it was an added spice of being woken up by a teenage boy in the middle of the night, it was generally what some nights would be like. Crappy but I'm used to it.

So yes I've had a lovely rest, so refreshing thank you for asking.

I was about to get up when I heard a click.

When I turned to hear snickering I saw to my horror that Wally was holding up a camera and was looking through his pictures.

"Say anything and I tell everyone you used to call yourself Double-W." I whispered so low and threatening that I could hear the rumbling of a subdued growl beneath my words. He was about to run when I expertly summoned my staff in its bow form and shot a shadow arrow. I hit my mark with a deafening crack. The camera laid uselessly on the floor.