Chapter 29: Shit's About To Go Down~Barbara Gordon

The picture above was drawn my me and if you guys were wondering, I use the app Sketch to draw all of my art and it is amazing.

There’s no doubt in my mind that the government should consider school a form of torture. I love learning, but the fact is I already know all of the things they’re teaching at the academy, on a very detailed level.

The worst part is the academy started noticing that I was getting board and pushed me up a couple of years. All my classes with my friends are years behind me so I can barely get to see them. My whole schedule is different!

At least I can start applying to vet school in the next couple of months. Apparently every university is able to take me after seeing my credentials. Being super smart, athletic and the daughter of a billionaire tends to draw in those vultures. The only problem is that most of the schools I want to go to are really far from here.

Turns out, since I can only work in about two years, I could probably get my medical degree and even apply for a PhD. I could even go further after my masters. Silvalia knows the team needs a  proper medical professional out in the field.

My plan so far is to go into my medical degree and work from there and become meta-human based doctor. It seems a bit far fetched, but with the recent outbreak, that field is rapidly increasing.

After all of the doctoral stuff is done I plan to finally go into my dream of being a vet. I want to get specialized in an area for mutations and treatments for them. Sort of like animals like Wolf.

It may seem like a lot but you’d be surprised how quickly I can get all that done if I take simultaneous lessons. I already know everything, I just have to write the exams and preform the practical to get it done. Plus I have a lot of time to kill while I’m in a different country to study.

Once I had gotten the application returns from the universities I had a long talk with Dick. I wouldn’t be able to see him very often and neither of us are very keen on that aspect of this. My dad was also a little upset, saying he would barely see me. But like I said, I’m still choosing.

Not only is that aspect daunting, but I still have to worry if all of this is pointless. If the Heathens attack, I won’t really have a future.

I’m stressed to the point of tearing down the gym at the cave. Not only do I have to solve a riddle about an ancient fairy weapon, keep people from finding out about Deen, go on regular missions, train, go to my Dad’s public events and keep up a barely living social life, I also have to deal with choosing my future and finishing my pointless homework! It’s just too much!

I’ve barely gotten any sleep, and I’m always exhausted. The only thing keeping me sane at this point is Dick and my family. Without them, I probably would have turned to the Dark side a long time ago, and trust me when I say that would be very bad.

I sighed as I walked into my calculus, and sat next to a girl with blue eyes and blonde hair. I smiled her way and started a conversation with her.

“Hey Malory, how was your weekend?” I asked.

“Oh, hi April, It was great, Nathan and I grabbed a couple of smoothies and headed out to the fair and I pretty much did nothing Sunday.” She said.

I always liked talking to Malory. She was a very sweet girl and despite the fact that she could already drink alcohol legally, being years older than me, we got along really well. Her boyfriend, Nathan, also seemed really nice from what I heard.

He was in Bludhaven, studying his first year so she didn’t see him much, it was good to hear she got to spend some time with him. I shut my trap as Mr. Bell entered the room. The rest of the students had immediately gone silent and gone to their desks quitely.