Chapter 12: Post Death Threat (EDITED)

We looked down at Artemis as she entered the alley.

"Do you think she'll ever know that we know?" I asked boredly, swinging my legs over the edge of the roof.

"Who knows? For now I'm gonna mess with her." He said with a grin.

He jumped out of the shadows casually and Artemis nearly had a heart attack. He then started questioning her, which was mainly for fun to see what lie she would come up with.

When I decided I was getting bored, I jumped down and said, "Hey Artemis." Her glare turned from Robin, to a friendly smile and wave to me.

He smiled cockily, "Ladies first."

I elbowed him in the gut at his obvious joke at me. He looked at me with his infamous trouble making smile.

"Your city, you go first." Artemis said, crossing her arms.

Shrugging, Robin and I went into to the zeta beam. It flashed and we heard the computer announce us.

Recognized: Titania B09
Recognized: Robin B01

We soon heard Artemis coming through the zeta beam, only to dodge a blast. Robin and I both rolled out of the way and the newly arriving Artemis dodged just in time.

"Get down!" Robin yelled at Artemis.

She did and soon helped us with fending them off. I summoned ninja stars and started throwing them with the speed of a tennis ball machine. Unfortunatelyit was also with the accuracy of a drunken marksmen in a capsising ship. Robin did the same with his birdarangs albeit more accurate. Artemis covered us with arrows.

Soon she shouted out slightly panicked, "Uhh, Who are we fighting?!"

"Don't know!" He shouted and swung around to throw some of his weapons at a blast coming his way. It scattered right in front of his face.

It felt different now knowing he was that same boy hanging from the cage bars in the circus. This was Dick, and he was constantly in danger.

I felt my skin crawl.

"Guys! We're sitting ducks by these tubes!" I shouted.

"Head for the exit!" Yelled Robin, running while grabbing my arm. We dodged a couple of fire things only to be stopped by a wave of water.

"Well aren't you guys just a ray of sunshine." I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

We doubled back, only to be swept up in the current of water, pounding into us with hundreds of metric tonnes of pressure. We didn't have to hold our breath for long before we got thrown into the wall. I felt myself hack and cough but we had to quickly get up and keep running, dodging fire left and right. We soon made it to the training room but we didn't stop.

"Robin to team, come in, Aqualad!" Dick shouted into the com. I heard Artemis through the permanent link that me and M'gann set up a while back,

'M'gann can you hear me, are you there?' She asked. Suddenly the door exploded, sending us back. I quickly got up and with Robin and Artemis, started running from a fiery tornado. This day keeps getting better and better.

Note the sarcasm.

We quickly ran into the showers and started turning on all the taps while Robin was shouting commands.

"Robin to batcave, override RG4! Keep calling Justice League. HOJ/ watch tower! B01 priority red! " He said. Even with all this happening he turned to us.

"Com is down, blocked. At least the water's helping." He said. Just then there was a groan and water started coming from everywhere.

"Robin! What have I told you about jinxing us?!" I yelled. You'd be surprised at how many times I've scolded him for it.