Chapter 21: Life, Death And Ki-Wait What?!

The picture above is me messing around in the car while we were out of town and I thought, 'Hey, why not show you guys?'

"So... Pizza or Hot dogs?" I asked.

"What kind of question is that? Both!" Wally yelled.

I yawned in boredom as Red Tornado showed us the live footage of half of the league being disintegrated one by one. When Batman got killed I looked over at Robin and we both shared a raised eyebrow at each other.

That's odd. We're his daughter and ward, shouldn't we be sad about this? Oh well.

I looked back to the front and Tornado switched off the screen after talking to Zatara. He turned to us and spoke in his normal robotic voice.

"I must join the League. We will protect the planet at all costs. Should we fail, the responsibility will fall unto you."

We all straightened up at this and looked at him straight in the-uh-holes? I don't know if you would exactly call them eyes. Anyways, Aqualad spoke on all of our parts.

"We stand ready."

***

2 hours later...

"Red Tornado to cave, I fear I am all that is left of the league." He said.

Robin tried to respond but the signal was soon cut off and we could only presume that Red Tornado had been killed. Aqualad turned to us and stated in a serious tone

"We are earth's heroes now."

"What are we waiting for, a theme song?" Connor irritably asked.

I could tell Connor was annoying him, but Kaldur just went on, "A strategy. Earth's weapons are ineffective, and it has been made tragically clear that a direct attack will not succeed."

I think my own piece had to be added so I spoke up, "Wait, if that's the case, we need a non-earthly weapon with an indirect attack right? Dang it! Dumbledore was supposed to tell me where Cronum was hidden ages ago but he forgot where it was! Damn stupid geezer!"

Everyone looked at me with lost expressions and I only sighed in defeat. Cronum is an ancient lost weapon that was kept on earth. There's apparently this whole riddle and stuff to find it, and no one has ever been able to crack the meaning of it. Dumbledore was telling me a story about it at one point but forgot how the riddle went and now I don't even have a clue as to where it is. I think there was also a prophecy, but I can never be sure with Dumbledore as my History teacher.

Cronum was actually the reason my father visited Earth in the first place. He had a suspicion that war would come soon, but his search failed and he had fallen in love before the war, leaving the only hope for the kingdom lost.

I think I might go and search for it if I actually knew the riddle, but until my mystical poker uncle can remember, I can't. It was a dead end for the mission and wouldn't help anyone if we went on a wild goose chase anyways.

Deciding that my random bit of mixed information was useless, Robin pulled out the hologram of the earth's extraterrestrial beings and objects.

"Checking satellite imagery." He said, making it appear.

A large hologram of the Earth came up and I was shocked to see that the invasion had taken over half the planet already. Before anything could be said about the state of things, we all spotted a large red dot near the North pole.

"It's Superman's fortress of solitude!" Dick exclaimed.

"Superman has a fortress of solitude?" Both me and Connor asked.