Chapter 17: Exploding Christmas Roses

Dick’s P.O.V

Boom!

The whole plant caved in on it’s self and M'gann and I jumped out of the way. I laughed a little at how the idea to blow it up came to mind.

Fae and I, well we were probably two of the youngest Pyro maniacs out there. When I got my first case of crackers for my birthday, she and I went nuts with it. It wasn’t the fact that I hadn’t worked with explosives in the past, but she managed to think of the weirdest ways to use them.

One day she rushed into the manor with a smile. She had watched a movie where petals fell from the sky and decided we had to replicate it.

Five crackers, a fire alarm and a very angry Alfred later, we had managed to replicate it…. Sort of. Instead of normal petals falling from the sky, all of them had caught a light. It was amazing.

It was like orange blazing fireflies surrounded us. It was like the stars had come down and wanted to play. Soon it was over though.

Now it’s a tradition to blow-up Christmas roses on our birthdays. Alfred makes sure to lock his up in the safe when we’re having a birthday to keep them from being blown up.

“Timber.” I said. M’gann was next to me and soon had to get away from the flames. Unfortunately it hadn’t made a beautiful a sight as the Christmas roses, but a blown up plant is a blown up plant.

I saw poison Ivy become enraged as she sent plants our way. M’gann went forward and used her telekinesis to break them apart before they could reach us. Before she could react, a beam shot her out of the sky and I moved back.

Joker stood on the roof with an angry expression.

“Children? Children foiled our plan?” He asked. The other villain with him shot at me and I dodged to the side and moved back.

After that Joker dished out a couple of random synonyms for outrageous and slightly went to the side of not real words. He was about to come after me too, before I recognized one of Fae’s stuns hit him in the side.

She landed in front of me with a smirk on her face. When she spoke she sounded as if she was talking to an old friend.

“Hey Jokey, how’s Gotham been treating ya?” She asked.

I watching absolute wonder as I saw his face turn to pure and untamed fear for the first time. He looked like he was about to scream at the sight of Fae.

“T-Titania?!” He stuttered. He moved back, trying not to look weak but was failing miserably.

“Oh you remembered! I’m guessing you also remembered that little visit?” She said sweetly. The Joker seemed to look at her like she was a spawn of Satan.

I heard her voice in my mind as she summoned her staff, ‘Dick go and help M’gann! I got this covered.’

I nodded and jumped off the now burning building. I saw Miss M slowing getting up.

I quickly made my way to her and helped her up and took her away from the guy who was shooting at us (I forgot his name.)We got away and when Wotan flew into the air, I threw some explosive birdarangs at him. Unfortunately they did nothing.

“Enough!” he shouted and soon I felt his electric current flowing though me. I sunk to the floor. Out of the corner of my vision I saw everyone else in a similar position. Before I knew it Kaldur had put on the helmet of fate.

The funny thing is he didn’t have to do anything, like at all.

Just as I was about to black out from the pain, an object slammed into Wotan and knocked him out of balance. Once I had managed to get my bearings, I saw Titania in full battle mode. She summoned her spell book, staff and had her wings out in full display.

This guy was going down hard.

***

Fae’s P.O.V

Damn clown bit me. And I don’t mean he licked me to get free or anything, his attack move was to actually bite me. Have to say I hadn’t expected that one.

After I tossed him to the side, I looked back to see everyone on the ground with lightning being shot at them. It looked a little like my stun spell, but mine was prettier.

I thought I’d make an entrance and summoned my book and staff. There’s no doubt that with the right tactics I would be able to take on him on without them, but there was more than one reason I wanted to show off.

These guys were a group of villains that liked underestimating us and I think it’s time that they see us for what we are, heroes. They will see me take down this guy, and they will respect us. We aren’t kids anymore, I haven’t been one in years.

But the real reason I did this was a formality. You see, Wotan was a mystic like me. The tradition was that if any mystic were to fight a Titania, that she be welding a weapon and the royal spell book. Not just that, but I wanted my enemy to be sure that he wasn’t fighting just any mystic, he was fighting a queen.

When he regained his balance from my tackle, he looked at me and his eyes widened in surprise, “A Titania? My, my, I thought all of you pesky insects were dead.”

I grinded my teeth at his lack of disrespect. He looked so casual, so carefree. And this my friends, is something that pissed me off greatly.

“I’m afraid not Anddroff.” I spat at him. He seemed to be at ease around me. My guess is that because of my age, I wouldn’t be any problem. If only he knew of my power.

I pointed my staff at him and smiled at he built up his puny shield. If he thinks that’s going to help, he has another thing coming.

I usually don’t use my staff to cast spells because the hazard of summoning my book and my staff has a little bit of a downside. I started to learn hand casting a half a year ago, and haven’t really used my staff for casting too much since then.

Using my staff gives me a direct approach to casting and I don’t have to worry about concentrating on the control of my spell. When I use my spells, the ones with more words are usually more powerful.

I only really used the staff if I wanted to do a big spell because it was easier to focus on the words, rather than the control. I looked at him and knew exactly which spell to use.

Kindra sondalinndo rarre com!” I shouted and soon a large ball of ice started to form at the top of my staff. I saw Wotan’s eyes widen at my words and I knew that he knew he fucked up when he messed with me.

I shot my spell forward and the shield Wotan had seemed as flimsy as a balloon over an open flam. It crashed right through and encased him in dark blue ice. He wouldn’t get out of that anytime soon.

I sighed a little and put away my spell book and staff. I pouted a little at the fact that I was hoping I could have a little fun. I looked down at the ground to see everyone fighting, except Kaldur who had an all too familiar helmet and cape on. That idiot.

The others weren’t really doing very well either and they were struggling. Wally broke his arm, Dick was unarmed, M’gann got Virtigoed, Artemis got hit by a flying Wolf, Connor was fighting a giant monkey and damn Kaldur/Dr Fate just floated there, looking at me.

I was about to fly down till I saw something approach from the horizon. The Justice League. It wasn’t all of them, but quite a few members made an appearance, even Dad.

I saw Joker curse slightly and looked at them with narrowed eyes. The leaguers soon came down and surrounded them.

“It’s over.” Batman said.

Soon all the villains put up their hands. That is, till Joker decided to pull a Kamikaze on us and almost killed us. He set off the Joker spores. I quickly knocked him out with a good punch and was about to test out my new shield spell thing, before Dr. Fate decided he was finally ready to join the party.

“Fear not! Fate has intervened!” He shouted.

Yeah right, the only thing you did was take some lethal gas and absorb it. He finally came down and stared at me.

“Okay dude, I know you like giving me creepy stares, but it’s even worse when you use Aqualad to do it!” I shouted at him. He was starting to get on my nerve.

“What were you thinking?! How could you let him put on the helmet?! Nabu will never release him now.” Wally said solemnly.

As he said the name, my memory kicked in and I stood and gaped at Dr. Fate. All of them looked at me weirdly.

I went towards the golden plated man and put my hand to the helmet. I felt myself grow weak and I was suddenly pulled away to another consciousness.

***

“I was extremely surprised to see you. From what I have gathered, you should be dead. It seems your race still has hope.”

I swerved around at the deep voice and saw an old man, Kaldur and another middle aged man. From the looks of it, the voice came from the latter.

“Nabu, I never thought I’d meet another blood bonded relative. Nice to meet you great-great-great-great… you know what? I have no idea how far back you go but I do know you are my very distant uncle, so surprise?” I said.

In the book that I had been given by Dumbledore, you recall how it held my race’s history? Well Nabu was one of my great grandfather’s brother, making him my uncle, by certain terms. I know that the history of my people is a little weird but bare with me.

I saw the man smile and nod a little. I looked around and saw a dark abise.

“This is your Inner Abise, isn’t it? I must say, being an Anddroff despite your other nature is peculiar.” I stated looking around.

Confused? Let me give you a bit of a back story.

A really really long time ago, my uncle decided that he wanted to do more for the universe, but he was second in line for the throne, so he decided he’d make a difference some other way.

His magic was peculiar indeed, as he was a magic creator. He probably wrote nearly half of the royal spell book. But after a while, he started experimenting with Anddroff magic. It became a large project, and soon he put on a golden helmet and decided to be a guardian for all worlds.

As he got older, he felt it would be best if he stuck around, because his enemies weren’t tiring any time soon. So he did what any normal person would do and bonded his soul to his helmet, enslaving any who wear it to only do good and help the galaxy.

“It is a very unique art. It isn’t as powerful, but the technique and control make up for it. Now, would you like to tell me why you’ve visited young niece?” He asked.

I turned to him with an expressionless face. He may be family, but he was holding my friend’s body captive.

“You know exactly why.” I said, my tone cold. He turned to both Aqualad and the old guy, who both seemed utterly confused.

“I will release the boy, but this is the last time. The next time you will not be able to stop me. I’m only doing this because we share blood, don’t expect it to happen again.” Nabu spoke and soon I was back to spinning.