Chapter 4: Lasagna And Tears (EDITED)

A/n: omfg this took forever to edit and added nearly 2000 words to the original chapter T-T

“Titania was it? Why are you exactly after Lex Luther? I know that he has crossed many people but from the way you're after him he must have done something that crossed you in more ways that one.” He said leaning on the side of the controls.

Batman seemed to be a very intimating man. He held himself with an air of authority.

My shoulders stiffened at his sentence. I sighed and looked to him in a stoic expression. He’s not the only one who can keep a poker face.

Before I spoke I went to the desk Robin was standing by and pulled out a bug he planted. I held it up and crushed it.

The little shit.

“He seems like the type to do this. I guess I was right.”  After that I turned my attention to the question at hand.

He simply nodded waiting for me to answer his previous question. I sighed.

“You could say that. I’d rather not get into the details but, just know that when I find him not you or any of the others can stop me from killing him.” He seemed to look at me in a sad manner. I didn’t need his sympathy.

“What are your capabilities?” He asked focusing on the next question.

“I have a couple of assets, the question is why do you want to know?” I asked. He looked at me and I realized I wasn’t going to be getting an answer. Sighing again at how vague he was being I complied.

“I have telepathy like the Martian out there, albeit far weaker. If I were to change someone's memory I could only do it constantly with 1 person and it's hard to keep a hold of. I barely dent the surface of what that girl can do.

I can create illusions that allow me to be somewhat camouflaged and can disguise myself by changing my own appearance. I have retractable wings, though they're rather sensitive so if you touch them I will hurt you.

I have a good grip on weapon work and fighting styles too, though I don't depend on them much so they aren't all that pronounced.

I have a book of spells that I have to chant in order to use. That’s what I did in the warehouse. The very reason I can barely move since I used more than 1 power at once."

"There. Happy?”

"So wide range of skills, but little to no stamina."

"Jack of all trades, master of none, right?" I chuckled with a strain.

He nodded at the predicament. He added this to a profile on the computer and turned to me.

“Very impressive, may I ask how you gained these abilities?” I looked at him with the same tone I had in the beginning.

“Again to do with Luther since he was the one who activated them. I will tell you that it's hereditary, the whole fairy business is to do with certain genes and all that. So you don't have to worry about more of me existing, since I'm the only one currently alive and I don't plan on having kids any time soon.”

He nodded and turned to me finally concluding why he wanted me here, “Interesting. Well I have to say you aren't giving me much to work with. Someone with abilities such as yours just showing up to save my team's necks isn't exactly commonplace."

"Look I didn't want to get involved but I was in the right place at the right time and they needed some help." I felt animosity slowly rise in my tone of voice.

The conversation died down and the placid man eyed me with his trademark glare, but considering what a crappy night I was having I just sent him my own tired scowl. He narrowed his eyes and turned to bring up a file on the computer.