Chapter 15: I Am A Good Friend

Fae’s P.O.V

It’s been a couple of days since the whole mole incident. Everyone’s a little on edge because we still haven’t been able to find Red Tornado. I on the other hand have been training since then, perfecting some of my more simple spells. Ones that I can use without having to summon my spell book.

I've gotten to know the way to do all the spells sure, but chanting them without the book is pretty hard. The book connects my mana with the command automatically, when I don’t use it, I have to connect the command myself and that takes a lot of concentration. So far I’ve gotten three spells to work on command.

The first one was the stunning spell that I used on the wolves. Funny enough, the one worded spells are all named after their word, unlike some of the harder ones. The stun spell was called Mora.

The other spell I’ve been working on is shield spell. Even if I could summon an earth type weaponry shield, the magic one is more of a container. Nothing can get in or out.

The last one I learned mainly for Artemis’s benefit. It was a breathing underwater spell. Apparently she had nearly drowned two nights in a row.

By the end of my training I was exhausted. I had managed to get my stun spell down but I still can’t fully isolate my shield spell and my underwater spell can only hold for five minutes.

Oh well, what can you do?

I sat down on the couch and sighed as I heard the rest of the team chatting. I was about to head to the tubes to go home and rest when it called out an entry.

Recognized: Zatara B11

Suddenly a middle aged man appeared from the bright light. By now everyone had gathered to see him. He was part of the Justice League so I can only guess they want info on the Red Tornado incident.

I mainly stayed at the back as he grated everyone. I may enjoy talking to my friends, but when I didn’t know someone that we’ll I tended to avoid conversations.

“Ah Robin, good to see you again. You too Aqualad, M’gann, Kid Flash.” He said shaking hands with them.

Right, I forgot that some of these guys knew the leaguers directly. “And I see some new faces. You must be Superboy yes? Artemis, your uncle has said much of you. Oh and who might-“

When he saw me stopped dead in his tracks and his eyes widened. I was confused till he bowed down and I understood.

I nodded my head in for of respect and held out my hand. Zatara kissed it and stood strait, looking down.

“Your Majesty, forgive my disrespect, I did not know you were here.” He spoke.

All of the others looked flabbergasted as I put one hand behind my back and crossed my ankles to curtsy, “No harm was inflicted Anddroff, please call me by my codename, Titania. It’s fitting, don’t you think? And please, drop the formalities, you and I both know my status isn’t completely accurate at this point.” I said sadly.

“Ah yes, I was ashamed to hear what had happened, I once met your grandfather when I was still young, your father hadn’t been at the castle at the time, but I would’ve loved to meet him.” He spoke. By now everyone was completely lost.

I looked at them before laughing. Zatara soon chuckled along with me as we saw their faces.

“Don’t be so surprised. All mystics are obligated to preform certain procedures when meeting a Titania or Oberon. I never liked the rule, but I haven’t really had to face it till today. I must say I’m surprised you remembered all of the steps Zatara.” I spoke. As I did, realization seemed to sink in and everyone had an ‘oh’ face.

Robin soon came forward and asked him, “What are you doing here Zatara? Is it a mission?”

“You know Batman is the one who distributes those sort of things. Besides, I’m here on monitor duty.” He said. Everyone groaned and went back to doing nothing.

A sudden thought came to mind and I ran up to Dick.

“Robin, Do you remember the day I broke my leg?” I asked.

“Yup, you cried like a baby.” He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Why don’t all of us go there today? You have your glasses.” I said.

He sighed and pushed back his work before getting up. He shook his head with a smile as he and I walked to the others.

“You know, normal people don’t go back to their bone breaking site.” He said with an amused smile.

“Normal people can’t sprout wings and summon a sword made of lightning.” I said with a smirk.

“Touché my little fairy.” He said with a smirk. I turned to the rest of the team who were lying on their butts with their phones.

“Hey guys! Who wants to go ice skating?”