Chapter 7: I Smacked Olaf (EDITED)

Deen was here.

Dr. Deen Malick was at Bel Rev prison.

Who ever is in control of my fate, you are a cruel and heartless monster. (Why thank you.)

I had made it back to the guards wing and stayed there for the rest of the night. I wouldn't be able to use the smoke spell until my mana reservoir replenished itself and I had to be at the quarters to avoid suspicion.

Despite my exhaustion the sadistic leer of Deen's eyes scrapped at the base of my suppressed memory, scratching at my mental barricade to get out and taunt me like I had let it earlier. I had had panic attacks before...that wasn't new. Its just been a while.

I couldn't get any sleep so I tossed and turned for hours. When I couldn't drift away I decided to brave the contents of the blueprints I found back in the meeting room. I saw that all the names where either ice or super strength related villains. The time was oddly specified and I don't know what's happening. It could be a trade or a full out prison break for all I know. I'd be sure to send it through to the team first thing in the morning.

Sighing I pulled my hair in frustration. I had to be ready for anything but all I could do is think about how Deen was here. He was obviously part of this and wouldn't think twice if he could do something for an experiment.

My memories threatened to devour me at the thought.

In my year of seclusion in the woods I had also gathered information on him. I had been dreading meeting him again. The last time I saw him I shoved pebbles up his nose from pure anger but the trauma of it all laid repressed, laid to rest and depressed in a corner of my brain I had kicked it to.

Yes yes I know, I am the epitome of health.

After I broke out of the Flux project, Deen had been held responsible and was sued for property damage, which I spent a good few hours cackling and giggling at. He was fired and with Luther's army of lawyers he didn't stand a chance. Since then he had been radio silent.

In this time I assume he had been planning whatever this was. I wasn't too worried about his abilities but rather any lingering scheme he had crafted. The thing is that, if he's here I can only guess he has something planned and the true food for thought was who was helping him? Was it Lex? Let's say he manages to get it right, you bet your money  he will come after not just me, but the team if he knew we were here.

The thought alone had my fingers shaking, old scars burning like fire had licked up and soothed them with blistering heat. A large scar on my abdomen, ugly and long laid a deep gash into me. Sometimes I wonder what some of those experiments were, what they had damaged.

That wound was a particular one I couldn't forget, not from what it took from me.

I shook my head from that thought. I shouldn't be afraid, I should be angry . He knew things no one else knew about me, things that I haven't told anyone, not even the team, but I will stop him and I will make sure he tells no one my full past.

What the Scars on my body mean

Who's genetics my body shared.

I let my guard down that night Robin comforted me but no one needed to know my family ties, who would trust Lex Luther's sister? Not to mention he knows my actual name, the name I only ever allowed myself to say in my head.

Fae. When Wally had called me that I had wanted to pluck the name from his mouth. Yes that had been my name,

But honestly I don't know if I could ever be that girl again.

Malick could tell everyone my name and I don't want to be taken back to my old life or locked up in this new one. I had put that identity behind me until I was done with all of this. I couldn't risk them. Barbara, Roy, Wally and Dick. I couldn't let them suffer.