Poetry Slam - Bucky x Reader

STEVE'S POV

I was at a coffee shop with Bucky, just talking and hanging out. One of the waitresses stood on the small stage and announced, "Hey, everyone. My name is Ann. You having a good time?"

The crowd did a few whistles. She smiled and said, "That's great! Who's ready for our weekly Beth's Brew Poetry Slam?"

There were a few more whistles and I smiled. I turned to Bucky and he looked at me, smiling. Ann said, "This week's winner gets free coffee for a month! Do I have any volunteers?"

She looked around the crowd and an elderly lady with a cane stood and slowly walked up to the stage. Some people began to snap for her, as well as me and Bucky.

Half way to the stage, she began to wheeze heavily. People got on the edge of her seat, holding their hands out, ready to help.

After a moment, she stopped wheezing and continued walking, her smile setting on her face. Bucky and I took a breath and sat back in our seats.

She finally got to the microphone, she moved it down to her height and softly said, "Hello, everyone. I'm so happy to be here with my poetry friends again. My name is Suzie. My poem is called My Sweet Flowers."

I smiled at the sweet name. She continued, "I've been working on this one for a while. I hope it's an improvement from last week's."

She said, "My sweet flowers. Tulips, roses, and lavender. Waiting for the bees to give them nutrients. The mailman pulls in and hands me my mail. I smile as he rides away on his bike. But as he heads out, he runs all over my sweet flowers and they aRE DAMAGED AND DONE! I RUN AFTER THE BOY AND YANKED HIM OFF HIS BIKE! I SWING MY CANE ACROSS HIS FACE AS THE RED BLOOD RUNS FROM HIS HEAD AND I DIP MY FINGERS IN IT AND RUN IT ACROSS MY FACE!!! I SCREAM 'THOSE WERE MY SWEET FLOWERS BOY!' AS HE SCREAMS FOR MERCY! THERE WILL BE NO MERCY AFTER YOU DEMOLISH MY SWEET FLOWERS!! I PUT HIS HEAD ON A PIKE AND SCREAM 'AVENGE NATURE'S GIFT!' AND YELL MY BATTLE CRY!! AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

She's swinging her cane around and screaming at the top of her lungs. I have my hand over my heart as I'm trying not to get hit by the cane that just flew across the room.

She has the mic in her hands, after ripping it from the stand. As she screams into the mic, I'm trying to catch my breath.

Someone then grabs her cane and cautiously hands it to her. "Thank you." She says, softly. She said, "I hope that wasn't too sweet." She sets the mic back on the stand.

I hear someone laughing at one of the tables, trying not to be too loud. The waitress stands and goes to the stage, slowly stepping towards Suzie.

"Um-Thank you, Suzie. I don't think that was too sweet." Some people snap as Suzie steps off the stage.

She begins to wheeze really hard again. I begin to worry again. She stops wheezing and heads to her seat, completely fine.

I look at Bucky and say, "Well, that was.....great." He nods, "Yeah...great." The waitress asks, "Would anyone else like to come on stage?"

Three teenagers dress in all black with black makeup stand. They walk in unison and head for the stage. They all turn at the exact same time and grab the mic, lowering it all the way.