Running Away - Vision x Reader

Requested by little_angle2019

-

You kept your head down as you walked into the Avengers Tower. You'd gone out to the park to relax a bit. You didn't like spending time in the Tower, they reminded you too much of your family.

Clint acted like your uncle, giving good advice and dad jokes, which should really be from Steve, who felt more like your dad than a brother.

Tony felt like your brother who always joked around, making innuendos and trying to annoy other a lot of the time.

Wanda was like your sister, she was kind of shy sometimes but she was sweet and clever. Natasha was a good mother figure for you, she was so nurturing.

There was Thor and Bruce. They were your brothers, like Tony. Except Thor was really loud but he meant well because he was sweet and respectful. Bruce was like your brother who was smart and often helped when you got sick.

But all of them were cautious around you, always on guard when they talked to you or whne you were around.

You went up the elevator and got out on the library floor. As you walked out, you were greeted with Wanda. "Hey, Y/N." She said.

You didn't look at her ss you waved a bit. She walked away a little quicker than you'd expected, but you ignored it and walked into the library.

You sat as you found your book. Something came in your peripheral view as you read and, out of fear, you sent them flying back, your powers kicking in.

You covered your mouth, "Oh my god! I'm so sorry, Vision!" You rushed over to him as he stood, dusting off his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" You asked. Vision nodded as he said, "I'm fine. My apologies for the fright."

You shook it off, "It's fine. It was my fault." You sat down and he joined you. You were comfortable around him. You didn't really trjst the others because of how on guard they are.

Vision was different.

He asked, "What are you doing?"

"Just reading." You said, showing him the book. Vision nodded, "Would you fancy a game of chess?"

You smiled amd said, "Yeah, sure." You stood and walked to the chess table with Vision. You took the white side while he took black.

He made the first move and asked, "So, how have you been doing?" You shrugged as you analyzed the board, making a move, "Same as always: uncomfortable."

"How come?"

"I don't think anyone here trusts me, or even wants to be around me. They're always so cautious." You explained.

"I want to be around you."

"I know. I still haven't figured out why."

"You are good company."

You looked up at him, mumbling, "Not from what I've heard."

"Why don't you trust anyone?"

You fell silent, making a move. You didn't want to tell him so you worked around it, "They remind me of some people I once knew."

"Did they harm you?"

"No, V. They didn't do anything."

Vision made another move as he asked, "How do they remind you of someone? Who do they remind you of?"

You stayed still as you debated whether or not you should tell them. You sighed and said, "They remind me of my family."

"Where is your family?"