Nightmares - Bucky x Reader

Requested by LPSGirl109

-

You were getting ready for bed, climbing in. You had been up for a while, it was already two in the morning. Everyone else was asleep by now and it was just you hanging around in your room.

As you climbed in bed, you pulled the covers over you, turning off the lamp. As you began falling asleep, you heard a thump against the wall next to yours.

The only person who's room was on the same side on your floor was Bucky. You sat up and pushed the covers off of you.

You knew Bucky's nightmares could get pretty bad, but you didn't know they could get that bad. You got out of bed and left your room, slowly opening Bucky's door and peering in.

He was tossing and turning in his bed. You took a step in and closed the door softly behind you. "Bucky?" You asked quietly.

He didn't seem to hear you, he was tossing and turning and he started speaking. "No." He mumbled. You took another step closer and asked a little louder, "Bucky?"

When he didn't hear you that time, you got closer to him, standing next to his bed and crouching down, "Bucky!" His eyes open quickly and he swung his arm in surprise.

You ducked down and rolled away quickly, your arm holding you up as you whipped your head up to see him. He covered his mouth as he told you, "I'm so sorry! I'm sorry!"

"It's fine. You didn't hit me. Are you okay, Bucky?" You asked, walking back up to him. As he looked into your eyes the best he could in the dark, you could faintly make out the sight of his face.

There was silence and he shook his head, his voice was faint as he told you, "I don't want to hurt you."

His face scrunched up and tears slipped from his eyes as he began to cry

His face scrunched up and tears slipped from his eyes as he began to cry. You frowned and walked up to him, wrapping your arms around him as you sat on his bed.

You hugged you back tightly as you murmured, "Shh. It's okay, you're safe. You won't have to go through that again."

You continued to shush him as you climbed in the bed with him, laying down with him as you hugged him for comfort. You pressed a kiss to his forehead as you spoke to him softly, lulling him back to sleep with your voice.

Soon, he fell asleep. Before his eyes closed completely, he told you, "Thanks." You smiled and held him closer before you both fell asleep.

(Sorry, it was short. I hope it was still good.)