Missions - Steve x Reader

Requested by MariaPuga354

-

You, Steve, Tony, and Bucky were sent on a mission. You all were exhausted and went to a motel.

The places were kinda crappy, but they weren't too bad. No rats in sight, no dead bugs. It just had really crappy furniture.

Tony complained, "Come on. Let's just go to a hotel. A good one. At least then you'd had luxury." He looked around the place in disgust.

Steve turned to him, "We can't afford luxury right now, Stark."

"I'm a billionaire. Of course we can afford luxury."

"Stark." Steve warned.

He rolled his eyes and you told him, "He means we have to stay on the low. Just take a room. I grab whatevers left."

Bucky jogged up from the front and over to you three. "Hey. So, um, they said we could only have three rooms. Someone'll have to double up."

Tony said, "I'm going to find a room. Y/N, you wanna double up with me?" He wiggled his brows suggestively.

You shook your head and said, "Uh. No. I'm great."

Bucky said, "I'd have to be by myself, as much as I would like to give you your space, Y/N. I have this thing with sharing a room."

You nodded, "I get it, Bucky. Don't worry about it." He and Tony went to their seperate rooms. One room left and one person left to double up with.

Of course.

Steve scratched the back of his neck. "So, I guess we're doubling up." You nodded sheepishly, "Yeah. Guess so."

You both walked into the room, setting your things by the door. It was late and the two of you were exhausted.

You got in your pajamas, the shower seeming too gross to clean yourself in. You went to your bag, grabbing a gun. You cocked it and set it on the bedside table.

To your surprise the bed was pretty decent. White sheets that were still white. The pillows were comfortable and the bed wasn't hard. Maybe just a tad bit too soft.

You got in the bed, pulling the covers over your legs. You sat up, reading a few pages before bed. You heard Steve come into the room from the bathroom, he had no shirt on. You blushed and looked at your book quickly.

When he'd put on a white shirt, you looked at him again.

He said awkwardly, "I'm gonna...sleep on the couch. You can have the bed."

You blushed slightly as you spoke, "N-No, it's okay. I can share." You scooted to the side to let him get in next to you.

He looked over for a moment before scratching the back of his neck and nodding, "Okay." He walked over to the bed, sliding in next to you.

Every light except for the lamps on either side of the bed was off. You set your book down and laid down, Steve following suit, having his back to yours.

When you each turned off your lights, you couldn't fight the feeling in the pit of your stomach that you should tell him. I mean, it's now or never. You thought.

You took a few minutes to gather all the courage you could before you lost every ounce of it as soon as the words escape your lips.

You took a deep breath before you said really fast, almost running the words together, "Steve, I have to tell you something."

He turned to face you, you turned around, sitting up slightly, him following suit.

He faced you in the dark. It was kind of better not being able to see him. Maybe you'd get the confession out easier.

You took another breath and said," Steve....I like you."

It was dead silent and, as you suspected, all your confidence was gone. Finally, Steve asked "What?"

You slowed your words, "I...like you." You didn't want to looked at him, keeping your gaze on your lap. You didn't want to see the rejection you were already feeling.

He blindly reached out to you, placing a hand on your cheek and turning your head to face him. You didn't look at him, scared to see the look he was giving you.

Suddenly, a pair of lips pressed against yours. Despite your surprise, you desperately kissed back. You've wanted this for a while.

He pulled back from the kiss and silence settled in, Steve breaking it by telling you, "I've wanted to hear you say that for a long time because...I like you too. I think you're...amazing."

You smiled and reached forward to kiss him again, the only way you knew to express your ecstatic emotions at this point.

You set your hands at either side of his face, pulling him closer as he wrapped his strong arms around your waist.

When you pulled back, many moments later, Steve pulled you in for a long, warm embrace that you've both needed for a long time.