Drinking Buddy - Valkyrie x Reader

You walked into the bar after giving your bounty to the Grand Master. You (Scrapper #253) and Scrapper #142 were his two favorites. Whenever you saw him, he would always call you "Spanky" claiming that he, in his words, "collecting you for a special treat".

You hated it, but you were getting paid so you didn't mind it. 

You ordered a strong drink and sat waiting. Another person walked in, sitting next to you. "42, how are you doing?"

She shrugged and ordered as she told you, "Could be better." 

You both got your drinks at the same time. She opened her firewhiskey with a grunt and asked, "That's strong. What's up with you?"

You shrugged, "Drowning sorrows

You shrugged, "Drowning sorrows. Plus, I like the taste of liquor. What about you?" You looked at her drink.

She took a long sip before shrugging, "Distracting and forgetting. And, yes, taste of liquor."

You smirked a little, "To drowning sorrows and forgetting." She clinked her bottle with yours and said, "I could drink to that."

You both took swings of your drink and she asked, "I'm curious, 53...What's your name?"

You shrugged, "What's yours?"

She looked at her drink and told you, "Brunnhilde."

You smiled, "I like that name. Asgardian, right?" She nodded, "What about you?"

"Y/N."

"I like it. Isn't it Svartalfheim?" She asked.

You nodded, "Realm of the Dark Elves. Not all of us are dark though, my father wasn't. I'm half and half. Mother was Asgardian as a matter of fact."

She took a swig of her drink, in sync with you.

When she did, you looked over and saw a mark on her arm. You raised your brow, "Valkyrie?"

She looked at you, "Yeah...but most people think we're myths."

"My mother was a Valkyrie." You told her.

She gave you a look, "Really? What was her name?"

"She was Astrid." You told her. Brunnhilde's eyes widened as she almost choked on her drink, "Your mother is General Astrid?"

"Was. I was suppose to be a Valkyrie myself...but when my mother died in battle, I was taken to my father. When someone saw who my father was...I was banished from Asgard and my mother was buried in the Graveyard of the Traitors. Not many people know this...they kept it under wraps because she was one of the best." You explained.

Brunnhilde looked at her drink and nodded, "Well, then."

You sighed and chuckled weakly, "Yeah. Enough of that. Let's drink."

You both sat next to each other, drinking  together with light conversations. It was a great way to finish your days.