Space - Carol Danvers x Reader

You were talking with Gamora on the Milano about how stupid Quill could be. "Hate to break up that charming conversation, but we have an alert." Quill announced.

You and Gamora rolled your eyes and went to your seats. Gamora got in the seat behind Quill, you next to her as Baby Groot climbed into your lap, behind Rocket. Drax was already sat behind you, asleep with his head back and mouth wide open. Rocket was in the front next to Quill and Nebula was in the far back, watching everyone.

"What's the alert, dickhead?" You asked him and Gamora chuckled slightly. Quill said, "Hey, hey, hey. No need for name calling! The alert came from the planet Drez-Lar."

You reached behind you, softly hitting Drax on his leg to wake him up. He woke up with a snort and said, "I have mastered the ability of appearing asleep when I'm really awake."

You snickered, "Sure, big guy." Rocket said, "Get ready for space jump." You got cozy in your seat and Groot said, "I am Groot."

You asked, "What do you mean you have to use the bathroom!" Rocket told him, "We have the jump! We can't wait for you to whizz before we go save some frickin people!"

"I am Groot!" He said. You all exclaimed, "Woah!" You say, "That's it, Potty Mouth! You can wait for us to get there!"

You held on to Groot tightly as Quill started the space jump. When you reached the destination, Groot begins peeing.

You hold him away from you as he peed. "Aww, Groot! Not in the ship! I don't wanna clean this up!" Rocket complained. "Christ on a cracker." You mumbled.

Groot finished and reached for you. "That was not cool, Groot." You told him, placing him on your shoulder. Quill landed the ship as Rocket got his guns ready.

When the ship landed, you all stood and headed for the back of the ship. It opened and you all walked out, weapons ready. For you, you had fireballs on your fists as you walked with the team out of the ship.

You all went to where the problem was and swiftly began fighting the aliens coming at you. A few minutes into the fight, reinforcements came in.

You got ready for the ones coming at you. Suddenly, a huge blast came and killed the aliens. "What?" Gamora asked in surprise.

Suddenly, there was a blazing light coming towards you all. You watched it while the others shaded their eyes from it. "How can you just look at that?" Quill asked.

"I have fire powers, doofus." You told him. The light set in front of you. There was a woman in a blue, red, and gold suit. Her hair was blonde and right above her shoulders.

"Who are you?" Drax asked. The woman turned to him and said, "Captain Marvel. And you are?" You introdued, "I'm Firestar. That's Drax, Gamora, 'Star Lord', Groot, Rocket, and Nebula."

She responded, "Uh-huh. Now what's your real name? I know it's not 'Star Lord' and 'Firestar'." You chuckled, "Yeah, I'd say the same for you, 'Captain Marvel'."

She smiled, "Carol. Carol Danvers." You responded, "Y/N. Y/N  L/N. That idiot over there is Peter Quill." He yelled, "Hey! You don't have to be so mean."

Carol chuckled, "Are you the leader of your....team?" You responded, "Yeah, no. As much as that would benefit our team, no. No, I'm not. He is." You pointed to Quill, who waved.

"Hey, uh, I'm gonna go tell the citizens that they're safe now." Quill said, beginning to walk away. You added, "And, let me guess, go collect our reward?" Quill shouted back, "You know it!"

You rolled your eyes and Rocket and Quill walked away. "I'm going to the ship." Nebula said, followed by Gamora and Drax. Groot got back on your shoulder and reached for Carol.

"I am Groot." He said as you transferred him to Carol. She grabbed him and said, "Carol. How're you Groot?"

"I am Groot." He responded. Carol furrowed her eyebrows, "Yeah, you said that already." You said, "Uh, no. He said he's frickin' great. Only without the frickin'. See, his vocabulary is limited to 'I' and 'Am' and 'Groot'. Specifically, in that order."

Carol nodded, "Got it

Carol nodded, "Got it." You tell Groot, "Hey, go to the ship with Gamora, Drax, and Nebula. I'll be there in a few."

"I am Groot." He mumbled. As he walked away, you said after him, "Buddy, we need to have a serious discussion about your language."

"I am Groot!"

"I know I cuss as well! But you need to stop learning from me!" You yelled after him. Carol said, "Hey, you wanna grab a bite with me here tomorrow? Same time?"

You smiled, "Yeah, sure. Sounds fun." She smiles and said, "See you later, then. Goodbye, Firestar."

You waved, "Bye, Captain Marvel." You used your fire powers to fly to the ship as she used hers to fly off the planet.

You went to the ship and waited there for Quill and Rocket to get back.