Sick - Loki x Reader

Requested by LPSGirl109

--

Fury doesn't know how to keep up with his shit and Loki's sceptre is missing. You and Loki were sent on a mission to retrieve the sceptre.

You both were currently in the base, retrieving the sceptre now. As you were on your way out, you stopped. "It can't be this easy." You said quietly. Loki said, "I don't think it will be, in a moment."

He took a step and triggered something. A red mist flowed through the air, you quickly put a piece of clothe to your face to filter the air. Loki said he would be fine and the two of you quickly and stealthily exited the base, getting on the Quinjet and going back.

You'd been flying for about ten minutes when you set the jet to autopilot. You stood from the seat and walked over. You looked up and saw Loki sitting on a bench, leaning forward.

"You okay?" You asked. Youw alke dover to him, lifting him a little to look him in the face. His face was paler than usual.

He nodded, "Yes, just feel...strange." You furrow your brow in concern. You put the back of your hand to his forehead.

"Loki, you're warm. Way warmer than usual." You told him. He replied, "I'm fine." You placed your hands on either side of his face. "Loki, no you're not."

He looked away. "Loki, look at me." He faced you and you planted a kiss on his forehead. "I'm gonna get you back home, and I'm gonna take care of you. You're sick."

He spoke, "I don't bear illness." You thought back to the mission. You remembered the gas Loki inhaled. You said, "The mist. Loki, that air was supposed to kill a human being. Since you're not human, it wouldn't kill you that quickly. If I don't care for you, you might die of sickness. Think of me as your nurse."

He smiled, "What if I want to think of you as my wife." You told him, "Too bad. I'm your girlfriend and your nurse. Now lay down, I'll get you some water."

He did as he was told and you got him a glass of water and an ice pack. You handed him the items and he thanked you.

He sat up a little and drank the water, you placed the ice pack on his forhead and told him, "I am going to pilot. You lay back and keep drinking your water."

He nodded, "Yes, ma'am." You smiled and went back to the front of the jet, flying home.

-

After giving your report to Fury and returning the sceptre, you head home to care for Loki. You return to him laying on the bed. You walked up to him, his eyes were sunken in his skull and his lips were chapped.

You walked up to him and felt his forehead. "You've gotten worse." You get a thermometer and check his temp. You wait for the beep and then you looked at the temp. Your eyes widen in disbelief.

"Loki, you're 80 degrees (80°F / 26°C)!" You exclaimed. He looked at you, slightpy confused. "And?" He asked. You told him, "Your normal temperature is 61 (61°F / 16°C)."

He asked, "That's not good, I presume." You told him, "No, it's not. Your temperature has risen way too much to be healthy in the slightest."

His eyes widen. You told him, "But just because your sick doesn't mean you can lay on the bed. Guest room."

He asked, "Why?" You told him, "I don't want a sickling in my bed. Go. Guest room." He sighed and stood, you helped him to the other room and into the bed.

"Now lay here. I'm going to get you more water and something to snack on. You need to eat something." You instructed.

He asked, "Can you bring books?" You replied, "No, you need sleep." You went and grabbed him goldfish cracker from the pantry and five bottles of water. You delivered them to him and said, "Here you go. I'll be right back with some tea. Snack! And drink your water!"