Chapter 16

Deep in the dungeon.

"Why can't I get stronger as fast as him". This morning news came to the twilight manor, and in the front of the paper there was the face of a rabbit like human who had leveled up again after a month after defeating a floor boss by himself. This stirred Aiz's insides, when she saw the face of the boy she had been training with in the mornings, she knew that he was a fast learner and that he didn't gave up even after all the times he had been knocked out by her, he improved everyday to the point of even counter attacking, those hits didn't land because Aiz's speed was still to much for him, but there was a big difference in the skill from the first day they trained to the last day.

Aiz didn't understand why he got so strong quickly, he told her that he had a goal to reach no matter but Aiz had the same goal, she wanted to reach someone no matter what, this meant that her goal was less important than his, or that he has more resolve than her. Aiz didn't understand, since she was little the only thing that has been on her mind was getting stronger, but since that boy appeared her mind drifted somewhere else, the flame telling her to go to the dungeon and get stronger had calmed down and the white haired boy was always in her mind, she didn't know why, Aiz had never felt like this, she remembered how he never gave up, how he always expressed his emotions without hiding anything, how his ruby-red eyes shone with a white passion behind them, that's not the behaviour of an adventurer. But, after seeing about his accomplishments, that flame grew again, but it was different as how it was before. All these thoughts run through Aiz's mind until she heard a soft voice behind her.

- We've arrived. - Riveria said.

Aiz had told the captains that she would go to the dungeon and Riveria decided to go with her. When she heard this, she left her worries behind and looked at the scene, they were in an enormous room, it was 50 meters wide and almost a 100 meters long. And in the middle of the room, it was him, Udaeus, the floor 37th boss.

Two days after the dinner I had received my new equipment, an armor made from adamantite and a knife also made of adamantite, it would have costed me more than the two million valis I had but Welf gave me a discount in exchange of a direct contract with him and to accompany him sometimes to the dungeon to collect materials. Also, during this time, I learnt his story, about how he is able to forge powerful magic swords but he rejects to do it, I asked him for curiosity and he said that magic swords are just a way to corrupt people making them think that they are stronger than what they actually are, this puts them in danger and it also goes against the principles of a smith, he said that smiths make weapons with all their might to be appreciated by their user, not to be disposable things.

Also during this time Aiz didn't come back home, I was getting worried but I hoped that she gets home safe. And, with my new armour and new status, I went to the dungeon, now I could go to the middle levels without any danger, because I was alone I could slay any monster and if a lot of them came and I wasn't able to kill them all I was able to run away safely, and so, I ventured into the dungeon.

Back at the surface, Loki was headed to the 30th floor of babel, where the denatus was going to be held. The Denatus is a meeting of the Gods held once every three months. Many things are discussed and aliases are given to adventurers that ranked up. Loki knew that this Denatus was going to be interested, because the newest member of his family, who had leveled up twice in three months, something unthinkable.

Every god with a child at least level 2 could go, but the strongest familias controlled it, so she knew that she would get a good alias for Bell. Every god reunited around a big table and the reunion started, the first part of the reunion passed really fast, nothing interesting had happened  in the last three months so after a few trivial matters, the naming ceremony began, the gods were really cruel to small familias and a few aliases like "burning fighting fighter" and "zetsu + ei" were decided to the child of some gods, and a few names later, it was the turn of Bell. Loki saw all the gods interested in the boy, he was a new record holder and he managed to defeat a floor boss by himself, Loki directed a murderous gaze around the room to advice the other gods to choose a good name, and so it started.