Chapter 40

Bell was a bit sad that his and Aiz's holidays had ended early due to her goddess worrying about how things were going back in Orario. 

Loki had told them about Aiz's past. She said that after the fight against the black dragon she had gone into a deep slumber due to the fact that she is the daughter of a spirit and that when she recovered her energy she woke up. It was to believe that Aiz was at least a few centuries old but because she was sleeping she still had the mind of a sixteen year old girl. 

This information left Bell confused. He had already thought about Aiz's past before, he knew that It was weird that her parents were heroes from the past, but he did not found any explanation as to why Aiz was alive right here right now if she was centuries old. But now he knew and it left him confused. His feelings for Aiz didn't change but he came to the fact that even though she had been awake for sixteen years she was actually way older than him, she had lived throughout the ups and downs of humanity, sleeping, but she had been there. This facts didn't change Bell's feelings but it left him thinking about his relationship with her.

 During the return trip Loki and Freya were awfully quiet. The only time they talked it was to talk about the oncoming expedition to the dungeon, something they had not talk at all during the first days of their trip. Aiz and Bell also stayed in silence as a sing of respect towards the goddesses, whose serious faces worried the two. 

This time it took them way less time to arrive in Orario, at the gate of the city all the members of the Freya familia were waiting for them. As soon as they entered Orario, Ottar was already behind Freya as he always is, the other members came to Bell and tried to interrogate him to tell them everything that had happened, Bell tried to answer calmly but as always the members of the Freya familia were upset that their goddess had come with them outside of the city. This all ended when Freya stood in the cart and simply said "It's nice to see you all". Everyone kneeled, and after they got up they opened a path for the cart towards Freya's palace.

In the back of the of the cart Loki and Freya were chatting.

- We need to speed up the preparations towards the expedition. - Loki said.

- Yes, I think we also need to prepare a group of elites, I don't know what is waiting for us at the bottom of the dungeon, but we need to be ready for it.

- Yes, I think we need to hold a little meeting with the top gods, this is serious business and they should be aware of what we are going to do.

- True, but I think that we should just invite the gods we trust, Orario is still Orario and if some people find out what we are going to do problems will come to the surface too.

Loki and Freya looked at the sky, the sun was setting and the darkness enveloped the streets, the light system in Orario lit up and the magic stone lamps started to shine through the city. Bell and Aiz enjoyed the views, but Loki and Freya couldn't, guilt hunted them, but now it wasn't time to think about that, it was time to select the gods who could be trusted, and that wasn't an easy task...

After dropping Freya in her palace and kind of escaping from the questions of the members of her familia, Bell, Aiz and Loki reached their home too, and like what happened with Freya everyone was waiting outside for them, Finn, Riveria and Gareth at the front.

Everyone was happy to see them again, especially the head of the familia, but they had another motive. Before they left Finn managed to discover why Loki went with Bell and the curiosity he had and the intuition of his thumb left him at the edge during these days, Riveria was also feeling like that, she was also curious, but what bothered her and what she didn't want to admit was that she was really worried about Aiz, her motherly instincts told her to be worried about Aiz, and she had waited far too long, as soon as Aiz jumped out of the carriage Riveria hugged her. 

- Awwwww!! - The crowd roared.

When Riveria realiced it, her face became as red as a tomato and she almost casted an attack spell towards them. 

After this "event", everyone welcomed Bell and Aiz, not Loki, who after watching Finn understood that he deserved an explanation of the events that happened at Bell's hometown.

Finn heard every detail of the story (except Aiz's fate) that Loki told him, and it left him stunned. He immediatly understood what is at stake on their next expedition. The fate of the world. This scared him, but it also excited him, it was the time to prove the value of the prums, if he is able to complete this mission as the commander, his fame would rise even more through the continent and this will be the last push for the prums to rise again. 

Loki knew exactly what Finn was thinking, and he knew that he would rise to the challenge.

- Finn, I'm leaving everything to you. I'll have a meeting with other gods, I'll request Hephaestus and Ganesha's help, they'll probably accept, so count them in. You have a lot of work to do now, I'll leave you alone.

Loki was on the roof of the twilight manor. The stars were shining and the moon stood on the center of them. Loki was worried about her familia, thoughts of what Zeus told her and what was expecting them on the dungeon made her worried. But at the same time, she was smiling, it's true that she cared about her familia, but at last, something really exciting was going to happen. Loki descended to the mortal world to kill her boredom, and every step she took was destined for this, this led her to learning the truth about the human world, and now, her familia was about to face it too, this excited her, and she was ready for it to happen.

The mortal world was ready to fight against their worst enemy, the dungeon.