Chapter 39

Before going to sleep, Bell and Aiz went for a walk around the hill. The news they had just heard were mind blowing and both of them were pretty confused about it. They new that it was possible that in their next trip to the dungeon they would encounter the catastrophy that Cronos was planning for Orario, and that they will be the ones facing it head on. 

- What are you thinking Bell? - Aiz asked.

- Well, to be honest I'm a bit scared about everything that is going on right now, but I know that as of now there isn't anyone else who could face this calamity. I want to become a hero, a symbol of hope for the people of the world, and I think this is my chance to acomplish it. I know it's selfish reason but that is what I want to do. Protect everything that is precious to me.

Bell finished speaking and stared at the nightsky. Aiz looked at his eyes, those ruby eyes full of hope and she rested her head on his shoulder. 

- I know that you will. I'll be there to help you and to see you achieve it Bell.

Bell put his arm around her and pressed her against him.

- I love you Aiz.

- I love you Bell.

The next morning, Bell and Aiz woke up early to train a little, like they used to do in the past. Loki and Freya were sleeping like logs but Zeus was awake, watching his grandson and her girlfriend spar. He was amazed as how much Bell had improved, he didn't make any unnecesary movement and his strikes were on point looking to finish his foe on one hit, of course he was holding back a bit because he has a higher level that the girl but she was also putting an impressive fight, even though she lacked strenght her speed was marvelous and her agility and grace made it almost impossible for Bell to hit her. It was impossible to not recognize the strenght that was in front of him, but of course, the girl beside Bell was no joke. Zeus asked himself  if it was coincidence that the both of them ended up together, the boy with the amazing grow and the girl who ...

A few hours after the goddesses woke up from their slumber and after a quick breakfast they were back to their usual self, arguing between each other.

- My Bell will definitely beat your Ottar in the future. - Loki shouted.

- He is still too young, my Ottar will definitively beat him. - Freya replied calmly.

- Do you want to bet on it? - Loki said with an evil smile on her face.

- Be calm my dear, I don't want that child to get hurt.

- You're scared, are you? 

- Ara ara, tell me the same when your head is on the ground when you beg for forgiveness. - The calm aura around Freya dissapeared and you could she her getting anoyed.

- Please calm down you beautiful goddesses, we have more important matters to attend - Zeus got in between the goddesses - Do you want to hear the story about that child of yours Loki?

- Yes yes please tell me!! - Loki nodded like a dog.

- Ok please follow me. - Zeus said.

- You are not going to tell the child about it. 

- I think is best for them to not hear it.

The three gods had gone into the woods, and they sat near a stream of water that goes throught the forest. 

- What's going on Zeus? - Loki said.

- Let me explain you, as you may already know, Aiz Wallenstein parents were Albert Waldstein, a human hero and Aria, a wind spirit.

- Yes, we know.

- And you also know about the Dungeon Oratoria book that I wrote centuries ago.

- Yes we also know, please get to the point.

- Well, what I said on that book is true, Albert Waldstein and Aria, alongside the elven queen Celdia and the amazon empress Evelda journeyed throught the world living adventures until their encounter with the one eyed black dragon, at the time it was the black dragon. At the time, I did not write it on the book, but indeed Aria and Albert had a child together, but not by the traditional means, as you may already know spirits are children loved by the gods, and that means that they receive power from us, but in exchange we forbid them from having descendants because it could provoque great harm in the world. We only had two cases until know, the fire spirit who gave blood to the person that helped him and that ended with the burning of the elven forest at the hands of Rakia, and Aria's case. Spirits can't have children the traditional way so what Aria did was to take a small part of herself and have Albert supply the mana to the child, so it would not be only a clone of Aria instead it would have characterisics from both. 

- Mmmm well?...

-  That when both of them died the mana supply stopped so Ais went to sleep and she slept for centuries, to then wake up as like a night had passed.

- But then what is the problem Zeus? Why can't you tell the child about it?!! - Loki said anxiously.

- The child rested for a lot of time, but because she was a part of another spirit she is not complete. 

- What does that mean?!!

- That soon enough, her mana supply will come to an end and she will be gone, before you ask it's impossible to suply her with mana since spirits can receive power from only one source in their lives, and in her mother's case it was the wind, but in her case it was her parents who supplied her. 

Loki and Freya stood silent for a while. This was even bigger than the news they had heard the day before, this was a big issue. Because their fates and the fate of the whole world rested on the hands of the girl who could disappear at any time and the boy who loved her so much.

They did not have enough time to act, and because of it they decided to return back to Orario inmediatly using a simple excuse to persuade Aiz and Bell, telling them that Aiz just had been sleeping since the events of Dungeon Oratoria due to exhaustion of mana. It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the whole truth. 

Both Freya and Loki knew that they were commiting a big sin by lying to Bell and Aiz, and that it will probably backfire in the future, but they will accept the blame, because the fate of the world is more importand.

- Destiny has chosen a difficult path for us. - Freya said.

- True, but I'm not giving in to destiny for now, if someone has challenged the rules of the world it is the child we are so proud of. If someone can save her, it can only be him...