Chapter 41

A month had passed since Bell came back and it had been very busy. An alliance had been formed between the biggest gods in Orario, Freya, Loki, Ganesha, Hephaestus and Hermes.

This alliance was formed to conquer the dungeon once and for all. The captain of this alliance is Finn, and the vice captain is Ottar, under them Riveria, Gareth as lieutenants. 

Under Riveria, the magic squad, formed by Hedin, Hogni, Lefiya, Alicia, Asfi and in charge of their protection are the Gulliver brothers.

Under Gareth, the tanks, formed by  Tiona, Tione, Falgar Batros, Golmeth, Lunor, Tsubaki and a few others level 4 and 5.

Under Finn, the main squad and the reponsable of the protection of the blacksmiths and healers, as the main healer is Airmid. This squad includes Shakti, Raul, Anakitty, Chloe, Ilta Farna and a big group of level 4 adventurers.

And under Ottar, the vanguard, formed by Bell, Aiz, Bete, Ryu and Allen. The members with the most attacking power. From what I heard our job will be to engage combat first to decrease the power of the enemies so the main squad and the magic squad can take care of the rest without any problem.

During this time, the squads were tasked to earn as much money as they could to pay for the whole thing, so they did small expeditions to earn materials and to also get used to combat with the other members. The smiths worked non stop to build the best weapons possible for the task. Amid and the Dian Cetch familia took care of the potions and elixirs. Finn and the captains created tactics and plans for what was going to happen taking into count every possible thing that could happen in the dungeon.

But there was something that made Bell suspect something was happening. The gods were reuniting too often, and Bell had seen them going together to the guild in secrecy. His intuition told him it was something bad but he decided to trust Loki and hope that his intuition was wrong.

The gods discussed every topic related to the oncoming expedition, from the possible dangers they might encounter to possible romance developments. But the main topic was Aiz's situation, first because of Aiz being one of the main forces of the expedition and second because how it could affect Bell the possible disappearance of his lover. It took days for them to decide what to do, and it seem that Bell's intuition wasn't wrong. A week before departing the gods decided to accompany them into the dungeon. 

Of course everyone was outrage because of the decision but at the end they are the gods so if they say something the mortals have to obey them. This decision brought new problems to the commander, Finn. The dungeon was able to detect if the Gods went inside her and this situation angered her so the dungeon creates stronger monsters to deal with them. At least a dozen of gods died because of this. 

It is possible for gods to hide their heavenly auras but this method is not infallible. One distraction could cause the gods to release a bit of their aura and make the dungeon mad. This wasn't the only problem, if they come they will need extra protection, because if one of them dies everyone who has their falna will become weak and be another burthen for the rest. 

The only thing Finn could do was change level 4 adventures because he could not alter the already formed squads, their strengh will be needed to overcome the challenge and if he weakens them they will surely have problems in the deeper levels of the dungeon.

- I may have become to old for this ... - Finn sighed. 

- Well, this is what you wanted all along - Riveria replied - what better way to bring the glory back to the prums than becoming the commander of the expedition to finish the dungeon.

- Yes yes, Leave that glory to the dwarfs! - Gareth said laughing.

- If you were the commander this expedition would never depart. - Finn replied.

- A measly dwarf would spend all the money in beer and food. - Riveria said.

- Better than an elf wasting it all in useless art. 

- HAHAHAHAHAH - The three of them started laughing.

They had been waiting a lot of time for this exact challenge. And there was nothing that would stop them.

- Let's keep working, I want to go to sleep. - Finn said.

- You are indeed becoming old...

The sun was setting at the horizon, and at the top of the twilight manor, Finn, Riveria and Gareth went back to work.