Chapter Thirteen

The club lights were purple like my shirt and dimmed. There was a decent sized crowd, and I blended in perfectly.

"Max says they're near the bar," Harlow said. I nodded and followed her to the bar where the whole group sat.

Hot Damn.

Max was wearing a skin-tight black shirt with tight blue jeans, showing off is tattoed muscles perfectly.

"Wow," I heard Addie whisper, and a surge of jealousy ran through me. I have no clue why.

"Lay off. He's my brother," Harlow said. Addie rolled her eyes and we walked toward the group.

"Hey, guys," I greet. Nash and Max greet me, but Belle stares at Addie.

"Who's the ombre?" she asks. Addie smiles at her.

"My name's Addie. I'm with the nerd," Belle laughs and she and Addie start talking.

"What the fuck," remarks Harlow. I shrug.

"Why are you two friends?" she asks. I shrug again.

"I'm starting to wonder," I mumble just loud enough that she and Max hear. Max taps the spot next to him and I hoist myself onto the stool.

"Did you get the car?" he asked. I nodded and ordered a coke.

"Nice. I can help, right?" he asks. I nod. Max orders two shots.

"Here," he hands one to me and I drink it with him, shooting it and smiling t the burn.

"Hey, bloody mary over here," called Addie. I glance at her and back at my lap.

"So, introduce me to Harlow's brother, Rose," she tries to wink at him, but he looked repulsed and it took all my strength not to smile.

"This is Max. Max, this is... Addie," I smile grimly and Max orders two more shots, but before I can grab one, he drinks them both and whispers to me.

"I needed those, Meil,"

"Why are you calling me that?" He smirked at me.

"You didn't look it up yet?" he asked. I shook my head.

"No. Should I?" I aks. He shrugs.

"If you do, it will expose me. Come find me when you look it up. I'll be out front," he got up and glanced around, heading toward the front door. I watched him go step by step.

"Where did he go?" Addie asked. I shrugged and slid off of my stool.

"What's up your ass?" she asks. I shrug.

"You just seem different, is all," she folded her arms.

"I'm different? You're the one that lets people walk all over you," she remarked, hitting the bar so the bartender would get her a shot.

"I don't let people walk all over me," I reply, grabbing my phone and bringing up google.

"What are you doing?"

"None of your business, alright? I'm not doing this right now," I typed in Miel and looked at the definition.

Honey. It meant honey.

What did he mean it would expose him?

Wait a second.

I shook the idea from my mind and tried to shoo away the butterflies in my stomach.

What if he liked me?

I rubbed my arm and took a sip of my Coke.

"Hem, what's up," Harlow said, sliding next to me. I sighed.