Chapter Twenty-Four

"Wow, this place is awesome," I look around at the painted walls and clean black chairs. Even though we were in a tattoo parlor that wasn't in the nicest part of town, everything looked clean, and weirdly, professional.

The man behind the counter had no skin space left, as Harlow said, but he was wearing nice pants and a decent shirt.

"Hey, Harlow. Are you getting another tattoo today?" he asked. She nodded and stripped off her shirt.

"Yep. I emailed you the image. Did you get it?"

"Yep. I'm ready when you are," we waited for Max, Belle, and the rest of them to show up before she laid on her stomach on the tattoo chair.

"Alright, start recording, Rose," she said. I hit play and the man started. The rhythmic sound of the needle started, and I saw Harlow tense as it touched her skin, and grimaced.

He outlined her tattoo first. Then did the first layer. Then the second. She ended up having to put on a loose shirt and take off her bra when she was done because it was too irritating for her skin.

Belle got a small dagger on her upper arm, and Bain got a heart on his neck.

After we paid I drove Harlow home in her car so she could ice her back on the way.

"Did it hurt getting the tattoo?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"It stings, I guess, but the after is what hurts like hell. This is my biggest tattoo, so it hurts the most. Why?" I shrug and turn into the dorm, helping Harlow back and giving her new ice.

"You realize I can do it myself, right? Go hang out with Max," I shake my head.

"I already saw him today, so I'm good,"

"Bull,"

"I'm fine. If I want to see Max, I'd go to see Max. Trust me," she rolled her eyes and my phone rang. I looked down to see Dad's caller ID.

"Oh my god," I groan,m rubbing a hand down my face.

"Your Dad?" she asks. I nod and answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Rosie,"

"What do you need, Dad?"

"I'm just checking in,"

"That's what you always say, and there is always a secret agenda behind it, so cut to the chase,"

"I really don't have one, I just..." he sighed, "I wanted to..." he stopped and I sat on my bed.

"what did you want to do?" "Apologize," I leaned back, not buying it yet.

"You sound pained to do so,"

"it's because I am," I rolled my eyes and Motioned to Harlow I was going on a walk.

"And why is that?" I grabbed my coat and slipped it on. 

 "Becuase I still think I'm right. I do dream that you and Ethan will get married because it would be good for you and my business, but," he paused and I got in the elevator, pushing the lobby button.

"I realize after everything you went through here, I need to stop pushing my dreams on you, even though I really want them to come true,"

"This is the most honest you've been with me for a while,"

"I know, Rosie. I'm sorry. I'm probably not going to stop pushing this completely, but, I'm trying," I exited the elevator and went outside. The wind whipped my hair and I slipped my gloves on.

"Well, maybe I just need to get a boyfriend to prove I don't need Ethan,"

"I don't know if that would sway me," I smile and make my way to the Corner Cafe.