Chapter Forty-Seven

*MAX'S POV*

When the car hit her body, she went limp. I saw her fall onto the road as the SUV drove away.

My heart shattered at that moment.

I opened the door to the cop car and rushed out, running as fast as I could. 

"Rose! Rose!" I sank down and lifted her limp body. I grabbed her wrist and took her pulse. She was still alive, her heart beating faintly. I could hear Officer Taylor calling for an ambulance, but I was focused on Rose. She was bleeding heavily, and her hand was crushed. I grabbed her opposite hand, kissing her forehead and brushing her hair out of her face.

"No, Rose... Don't leave me like this," She stirred and my eyes widened.

"Max..."

"Miel?"

"Max..." she said, breathing heavily, her eyes still closed.

"Rose, you have to hold on, alright?! Were getting help now," she shook her head.

"I'm so tired,"

"I know, Miel, just hold on a little longer,"

"Max..."

"No, Rose, please stay with me,"

"I'm too tired," I saw the ambulance pull up and Rose turned her head with a grimace.

"Don't leave...me...Max," her breathing was shaky and she swallowed.

"I won't,"

"Sir, I'm going to need you to move," I shook my head.

"I'm not leaving,"

"Sir-"

"Don't make him leave...please..." with a frown, I was allowed o stay. I watched as they hurriedly loaded her on a stretcher and let me sit in the back of the ambulance. 

The ride to the hospital felt the longest ever, but it was only two miles away.

I kept my eyes glued to the heart monitor the whole time.

When the rolled her into the hospital, I was kept back.

"I'm sorry, sir, you are not allowed into the operation room," 

"Well, I need to be near her,"

"The waiting room closest to-"

"Her Father and I need to watch her. May we?"

"Who are you? It's family only,"

"He can come," I turn and see Rose's father he was running through the crowd.

"And you are?"

"I'm her father. Max can come. She wanted him to,"

"Alright, follow me,"

We were led into a small room with all white walls and one large window.

"You may not go into the operating room. It is locked, and an alarm will sound if you somehow manage to get in," I nod and watch. Rose's face was covered with an oxygen mask and her body was covered in blankets. Doctors with furrowed brows covered my view and I slammed my hand on the wall.

"Max, you need to calm down,"

"Calm down?! You want me to calm down? She 2as hit hard by a car and last time I saw, was coughing up blood!"

"Max-"

"I can't lose her," he put a hand on my shoulder.

"I can't lose her either. I lose her and I've lost everything. I understand what you're going through because years ago, I went through this same thing with my wife. y wife, Max! Now, I know it's hard but try to control yourself. It hurts, I know, but do it for her, because the more we cause attention, the more attention taken away from the doctors trying to save her life!" I shook my head and sat in a chair in the corner. For a few moments, I sat in silence.