Chapter Forty-Eight

*MAX'S POV*

"I love you, Miel," she smiles. We're in my dorm. I brush a stray piece of hair away from her face and her eyes flutter closed.

"Miel?" I shake her but she doesn't wake up. her mouth droops slightly and I sit up.

"Rose?! ROSE!" I shake her more feverishly and she is unresponsive. Then someone is knocking on the door. I rush and answer hoping they can help, whoever they are. 

Jax steps in.

"Time's up," the gun glistens in his hands and the trigger is under his finger.

"Not for me, Jax,"

"You're right. It's up for her," and before I can react, the trigger is pulled.

I wake up with a start, sitting straight up.

"Max?" Harlow says. I sigh, trying to calm my breathing, looking around.

"We can see her now,"

"Do they have an estimate of when she'll wake up?" I ask, rubbing my eyes and standing up, grabbing my jacket.

"They said three to five days. But they are sure she'll wake up,"

"That's good, I guess,"

"Yes, it is," I follow Harlow down the hallways until she opens a door and I look inside. It looks like a hospital. Literally, no description comes to mind.

"Dios Mio..." she looked beautiful. As if nothing happened to her. She had oxygen hooked up to her nose and her hand was tucked behind her shoulders. She had a heartbeat monitor on her finger and an Iv in her left forearm.

She was in a clean hospital gown, and the only evidence stating she was hurt was the cast on her leg and the scars along her arms. Her face was completely clear.

"She looks so peaceful," I whisper. Mr. Potter, or Mike, was already sitting in one chair on her side.

"Yes, she does," Harlow said. Ethan had a hand on her shoulder.

"I need to change. I'm going back to campus to shower Ethan is too. Can he get some of your clothes?" she asks. I nod.

"You know which ones to let him wear, right?" she nodded and with hugs to each person, they left, promising to keep their phones on and on them at all times.

I couldn't bear to leave. What if she woke up? What if something bad happened?

I put my stuff down on the other chair in her room and Officer Taylor walked into the room.

"Hey, Max. I took a break for the night because Harlow texted me and told me you were asleep. She also said you looked like shit. Here," he handed me a bag of clothes with a bar of soap and some deodorant.

"thanks, man. Where did you get the clothes."

"They're Kane's. ANd you two are about the same, right?"

"Yeah, even though it makes me a little more sad that I'm going to be wearing a highschooler's clothes,"

"Youll be fine," he said with a chuckle. I smiled faintly and headed to the bathroom. I used a small towel I got at the information desk to clean myself before slipping on the jeans, which were a little snug, and the long-sleeved, black, T-shirt. I combed my hair back with my fingers and cracked at my knuckles. Looking in the mirror, I fumbled with my cross necklace.

Putting my clothes back into Rose's hospital room, I grabbed Rose's laptop and logged in her password, going to her wattpad account.

It was amazing.