Chapter Thirty-Seven

Hey, just a quick note. I have a lot of things going on at the moment, and that with my decision to make the chapters longer will make the wait time a little longer. I'll still update at least twice a week if I can. Thanks so much!!!!

*********************

"Just try them on," Harlow groaned. She was upset I was giving her grief about the dresses she gave me, so I refused to try them all on.

"I hate this," I said, tossing the piece of fabric to her and grabbing the other dresses.

"Did anyone tell you how feisty you are?" she asks as I slip the first one on. It was green and strapless. Too figure forming.

"Nope," I said, slipping it off as fast as I put it on. 

After similar circumstances to that one, I found the dress I'd wear. It was nude with black lace. it dropped too short for my taste but was the longest of the ones I'd been offered. It had long sleeves and a normal neckline. I was able to wear a pair of black flats with it.

"Well, now that that's done, we can worry about everything else. Like meeting my Dad when he gets home and the rest of the millions of our family,"

"Fun," I decide to put on my own sweatshirt and folded Max's neatly. Harlow watched.

"Alright. Let's go,"

When we got back to Harlow's Mom's house Max was sitting on the couch, his feet on the coffee table, his phone in his hands.

"Hey, Max. Is my Dad her eyet?" she asked, plopping next to him on the couch. I sat in a chair further from them.

"No, not yet. He called though. He'll be home soon,"

"Good. What about everyone else,"

"Who?"

"Don't make me be descriptive. I know I'll miss someone," he laughed and in came Max's Mom, who had changed into comfier clothes than the nurse scrubs she was wearing.

"Los ninos, feet off my furniture," she demanded. Both of them immediately dropped their feet.

"Your cousins will be here soon. Get ready,"

"How many, mama?" Harlow asked.

"I'm not sure. Whoever doesn't show today will show tomorrow,"

It was so different here. What happened happened, and that was that. At my house, everything had to run to perfection. 

"And there's your father, Harlow. He'll be happy to see you," she said, peeking out the window. Sure enough, I heard a car door and footsteps up the walk. Harlow jumped up, and as soon as the door opened, she ran to the man standing int eh doorway.

"Dad!" he laughed and wrapped his arms around her.

Harlow's Dad had hair slightly lighter than Maria, but still dar. He was decently tall and had brown eyes. His skin was closer to my tone than Max's or Maria's, but it was still dark enough to notice.

"Dad, this is my friend, Rose," she said, dragging him to me. He took off his coat and reached out his hand to shake mine. I grabbed his hand and shook it.

"Firm handshake, I like it. My name is Daniel. It's nice to meet you, Rose," he said. I nodded and Sat back down in my seat. 

"Maximus," he shook Max's hand.

"Daniel," they were polite, but as Max told me weeks ago, Daniel seemed to be, not afraid, but more bothered by Max's presence ever so slightly.

"Hurry and shower, Daniel, the cousins will be here soon," she said, ushering down the hall. Maria sat in a chair identical to mine.