Chapter Fifty-Four

Hey, Guys! This chapter focuses more on Max and his business. Things like that. I just figured you might have questions, so I decided to make a chapter for him. Thanks for reading and make sure to vote!

*******************

*MAX POV*

"Hello, this is Kane," the guy on the other line said. I smiled.

"Hey, Kane. What's up,"

"Max? You son of a bitch. You dropped me when Sophmore year started. How are you?" he asked. I couldn't help but smile at his attitude. Kane was younger than me but we always got along. He was one of the youngest in the agency. Part-time, of course, and on his way to member between this year or next year like me.

"Not the best. Is your Dad around?" I asked, climbing into my truck, shutting the door with a slam, shaking the stray snowflakes off my head.

"Wow. You call me to get to my Dad. I see how it is,"

"Jesus, Kane," I laughed, "I'm not into your Dad. Or gay for that sake,"

"Prove it,"

"I have a girlfriend who-"

"You have a girlfriend?! Why don't you tell me anything?" I rolled my eyes.

"You're starting to sound like my sister,"

"It's my job,"

"No, it's not,"

"You're right. My Dad's over here, gimme a sec- Dad! It's Max... I don't know what he wants...8 let me ask... What do you want?" he asked. I sighed and leaned my head on the top of the steering wheel.

"I can't explain it all. I need a lawyer and your Dad is the best I know. Taylor is in on this too,"

"Taylor? Like my uncle?"

"Yeah,"

"Okay, let me relay the information,"

"Kane, you don't need to be so loud about it-"

"Dad! Kane says uncle Taylor is in on it... I don't know... Why don't you talk to him? Here, take my phone... I don't care if you don't like iPhones... just talk to Max, please..."  I rolled my eyes at their conversation and waited.

"Hello?" David's smooth voice rang out over the phone.

"Hey, David. You busy for a while?"

"Naw, I just finished a case," his southern accent slipped through and I smiled.

"I got a job for you,"

"Does it have anything to do with this girlfriend I heard Kane screaming about?" I heard Kane again.

"Shut your goddamn mouth, Kane, I love you but sometimes I wonder if you're my son!" David yelled. I bit my lip to keep from laughing.

"On a more serious note, it has to do with the arrested probitionaries. Jax, Addison... that whole group,"

"What about them," the scowl on David's face was almost visible through the phone.

"They might get bailed,"

"That's illegal,"

"Well, they have a good lawyer,"

"Well, lucky for you, I'm a better one. Where do you need me and when?"

"Talk to Taylor. He'll tell you," 

"Got it. Remember, Max. Don't make the situation worse,"

"I won't," I hung up the phone and slid the key into the ignition, giving it a twist and listening on the roar of the engine.