Chapter Twenty-Five

"Hey, wake up, Miel," Max gently pushed my shoulder and I yawned, stretching and sitting up.

"Where are we?" there was a log cabin in front of us and I smiled, "That's really cool," he smiled.

"I'm glad you like it," he got out of the truck and helped me hop out, "because I built it,"

I stumbled at his words.

"You built this?" I aks. he nods.

"Harlow's Dad and I. I did a lot, but I needed money, and I never had a lot," he unlocked the door and I stepped in.

"Wow," it was big. Well, bigger than I thought. The living room looked rustic and had select pieces of furniture with a carpet and wood floors.

"When did you have time for this?" I ask.

"I spent every day int eh summer except Sundays working on it.

"Why not Sundays?"

"Church," I nod and take off my boots before going further in. There were a decent kitchen and two bathrooms and bedrooms.

"Is Harlow's Dad a carpenter?" he nodded.

"Yeah. When I got this land, there was already a house frame here, but it was empty. We filled it in and added a few rooms. That's why there is a step down into the kitchen. But, it's so much nicer now," I looked at the full bookshelves and walk around.

"I keep adding to it. It's where I go when I want to be away," he grabs my hand and hands me a key.

"What is this for?" he smiles.

"You look like you need to be away sometimes. You're always welcome here. I'll give you the directions tomorrow. it's about a forty-minute drive from campus.

"It's almost two in the morning. I'll barely have any time here," he shakes his head.

"The key. We can always come back. Now, you need to sleep. Harlow told me you have sleeping problems,"

"Wait for what?" I say, surprised. He nods.

"She says once you woke ups creaming, but something you thrash around in your sleep. You also look tired a lot," I open my mouth to protest, but he holds a hand up.

"I know you don't want to tell me. You don't have to,"

"Why are you doing all this? We've known each other for a total of two months. It's too much.

"No, it's not. I promise. Now, what time is your earliest class tomorrow?" 

"Eight-thirty,"

"Alright, go it. Let's go," I followed him to the second bedroom. it had a queen bed in it and really comfy looking pillows.

"My mother helped me with these rooms," he said, smiling slightly. I nod.

"Thanks, Max. I think I can sleep on my own," I was sweating so I took off my coat. Max frowned.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded and crawled onto the bed.

"Fine see? I can sleep now," it was getting more awkward by the minute, and he reluctantly left the room and let me sleep. I took off my sweatpants and crawled under the covers. I fell asleep surprisingly easy, even though I was falling asleep in a new place. But when I woke up, the real problems started.

My stomach thrashed and groaned. I felt the bile rising in my throat an ran to the bathroom, throwing up in the toilet.

"Miel?" I looked up to see a shirtless Max, his inked torso bent, his sleepy face framed with worry.