32 - Open Up

Yeah Morgan is Andre sister, it was in Chapter 30 : Type 2 

Chris 

"Thanks for watching them," i said to Vivians mother, she smiled before pulling me into a hug and kissed my cheek. 

"Boy, if you thank me for watching them or doing anything in general, one more time i might go crazy. I need to be thanking you for keeping my daughter and my grand daughters happy." she spoke i smiled as Nylah and Noella held onto the coffee table trying to stand up. 

Vivian Mother or i should say Sheri, cooed at the girls, to be in her early fifties, she looked good. Not a wrinkle in her face. Hopefully Vivian don't age, i know relationship goals is to grown old and shit but i don't think wrinkles would be neither of our's likes. 

"Wassup Chris," Jamal said coming into the living room. Our friendship changed, when i first met the little nigga.. i thought something was wrong with him, then he had to go tell his parents how me and Vivian met which was irrelevant but overall he alright. 

I stood up and gave him dap, "Where ya pops?" i questioned, he pointed towards the back, which indicated he was in his office. The office Vivian said was stupid because he didn't do anything worthily of an office.  

Walking down the hall, i felt like i could hear my heart beat in my ears. I was nervous, for what-- never-mind i knew why i was nervous. Knocking on the door, i heard him mumbled something, Vivian dad ain't mean or nothing. He's chilled, he keeps to himself and he doesn't speak much-- to me, i always get nods or approving smiles-- hopefully he'll approve of what i'll say. 

Opening the door, he looked from the tv the desk which he had his feet kicked up on watching the game. "Chris, What brings you here?" he questioned, 

i opened my mouth before he said something else, "You didn't do anything to my daughter or my grand kids did you?" 

"No they're fine, i just wanted to see how your doing Sir," 

"I'm doing fine, hiding from Sheri. But you need something?" he asked, 

I took a seat in one of the chairs on the side, "I wanted to ask you something." 

"Then ask me something."  

I thought of my words and a nigga was lost. I didn't know what the hell to say. I swear i went over what i was going to say in the car, i even asked the twins if it was good but they didn't answer. 

"You wanna marry my daughter?" 

All i did was nod(Unaware and amazed on how he knew that) and he smiled then shook his head, "I was waiting for you to say something about that.. I know that you and my daughter only knew each for under a year but i see the way she looks at you and vice versa. I've seen my daughter hurt countless of times, and the ones who caused it tend to got away before i found them, But you, i like you for my daughter." 

I just sat there, what was i suppose to do? I was relieved he ain't say hell no but he ain't say yes. 

"That's a yes from me, Just keep her happy." 

**

The hardest thing on earth, is trying to leave without your kids noticing your leaving. Nylah and Noella are young but they attached to me. So, when i was about to walk out of the door they both started to cry so i had to sneak out after calming them down. 

After Vivian dad approved of me marrying her,  I thanked him and he told me stories about him and Sheri, I had to get out of there some how because I didn't know how long I was gonna be out and the only person that could help me with finding a ring was free today.